Omni Contracting Solutions is recruiting Heavy Equipment Operators to operate a variety of contractor equipment and trucks used in construction, maintenance and repair activities and performs a variety of semiskilled tasks in the maintenance of grading, utility systems, roads, street and storm drainage systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely and effectively operate heavy construction equipment on a grading or utility construction site.
- Operates trucks and construction or power equipment, such as but not limited to mechanized broom, backhoe, man-lift, dump truck, road grater, front-end loader, hydraulic excavator and skid steers.
- Operates jackhammers and other small equipment and power tools.
- Works with and assist the line crew in digging ditches and trenches, hoisting material, tools equipment and related work with a track hoe road grater or front-end loader and roller.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to the supervisor; cleans equipment daily.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
- May be required to work evenings and week-ends.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three recent years’ experience working as a Heavy Equipment Operator.
- Proven safe, experience operating heavy equipment such as bulldozers, loaders, backhoes, excavators and other heavy equipment found on a construction site.
- Must have an active driver’s license (less than 3 points in 3 years).
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to detail.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety/security procedures and sues equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to listen and follow directions.
- Physical stamina.
- Positive attitude and work ethic.
- Able to work independently or as an active member of a team.
Omni has competitive pay, generous paid leave benefits (vacation, sick & holiday), 100% employer provided low deductible health care plan and employer sponsored IRA includes a dollar for dollar match with no vesting period.
Omni Contracting Solutions LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.