Senior Flight Operations Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Omitron is seeking a Senior Engineer to provide flight dynamics and satellite operations support to NASA’s Flight Dynamics Facility (FDF). The FDF provides analysis, mission design, and operational support to multiple launch vehicles such as the Atlas V, Delta IV, Falcon 9 and Vulcan, human spaceflight missions such as the International Space Station (ISS), Cygnus, Dream Chaser, and cargo Dragon spacecrafts, and astronaut missions such as crew Dragon, Orion, Soyuz, and the CST-100 Starliner spacecrafts. The facility also performs analysis, mission preparation, and development activities for the upcoming lunar missions comprising NASA’s Artemis program, which includes the Gateway outpost.
Specific areas of support will include:
- Mission operations support including planning, real-time console operations, and anomaly investigation and resolution; mission operations includes off-hours and occasional shift work
- Orbit determination support for the ISS and visiting spacecraft
- Launch vehicle and payload support beginning with pre-mission development and continuing through launch and early orbit periods of spaceflight
- Troubleshooting and recovery during fast-paced, real-time mission activities
- Overseeing and conducting flight dynamics-related analyses; researching and introducing new technologies and/or techniques to the FDF
- Documenting and communicating analysis work via technical conference papers, journal publications, and presentations
- Support software development lifecycle, including requirements definition, acceptance testing, and deployment
- Providing senior-level leadership and mentoring of junior technical staff
Some travel may be required.
US citizenship required / EEO/AA / E-Verify Participation
For compliance with new Executive Order 14042 regarding Government Contractors, you will be required to provide documentation of Full Coronavirus Vaccination Status to Omitron, and to the designated personnel of the subcontracting, contracting and/or federal officials.
- Understanding of orbital mechanics and flight dynamics
- Working knowledge of scripting languages including Python, and/or MATLAB
- Working knowledge of STK
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Must demonstrate an ability and willingness to multi-task, and be capable of applying innovative ideas to solve problems
- Experience with Windows, Linux and UNIX environments
- Experience developing tools in Python and/or Matlab
- Experience in a spacecraft operations environment
- Working knowledge of the NASA’s Space and Near Earth Networks
- Working knowledge of astrodynamics engines such as FreeFlyer, GMAT, or Monte
7+ years professional experience. A Master’s degree counts as 2 years professional experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related discipline.
Security Clearance Requirements
Must have or be eligible to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Omitron is an Aerospace Engineering and Information Technology small business firm headquartered in Beltsville, Maryland with a field office located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Since 1984 Omitron has provided excellence in engineering services and product development to government and industry customers for both civilian and military aerospace programs.
Omitron recognizes that outstanding people are the key to our success. Our goal is to select highly qualified and motivated individuals and provide them an environment necessary to stimulate and nurture engineering and business objectives. Omitron offers its employees competitive salaries, a full benefits package, and excellent career growth opportunities. We welcome all talented professionals who wish to take advantage of the opportunities we offer.
Omitron is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We strongly encourage women, persons of color, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply. E-Verify Participation
Powered by JazzHR
EngineeringView all jobs at Omitron, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?