Senior Software Engineer (Cloud, Dev Ops)
- Posted: over a month ago
Omics Data Automation (ODA) envisions a deeply connected world where people and technology seamlessly explore, share and unlock the value of healthcare data facilitating discovery, and improving outcomes for a resilient future.
In order to fulfill this vision, ODA, has created a distributed framework for integrating genomic information with imaging, pathology and clinical history to inform treatment options and accelerate research. Our framework solution, comprised of multiple data stores for healthcare information, allows for the ingestion, aggregation, harmonization, and analysis of multimodal healthcare data at scale and with efficiency heretofore unachieved in industry. We couple this technology with a suite of proprietary data analysis and visualization tools, MyPatient360, a unique federated learning module and, soon, next generation, explainable, Causal AI.
Our platform is currently in the hands of key clinical and research luminaries across the world. Through these partnerships, we are applying this technology to inform treatment options in cancer care and across the expanding range of precision medicine.
ODA values our people and the innovations they bring daily to this important work. We care passionately about our technology and believe that what we do will improve human health far into the future.
ODA is an early, commercial stage, venture backed software company led by investments from Transformation Capital and Generator Ventures.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer who thrives in a fun, fast-paced, changing start-up environment to join our team as Sr. Software Engineer!
As ODA continues to look to the future and commercial readiness for the Framework platform, operational and continued engineering leadership is essential. To this end we are actively recruiting a likeminded individual to our team.
A member of the engineering team at Omics Data Automation, the Sr Software Engineer will develop tools and infrastructure to deploy, monitor and manage applications within ODA and customer cloud environments. The engineer will be responsible for interfacing with customer IS/cloud teams to refine customer deployments in order to meet regulatory and compliance requirements. The engineer will strive to automate ODA’s current and future CI/CD pipelines shipping quality code with improved velocity. This individual thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working collaboratively and is energized by breaking down complex challenges with technical teams to achieve superior results on time and within budget constraints.
- Build, version, and maintain Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for both ODA cloud environments and ODA products deployments in customer environments.
- Work in tandem with the engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based or on-prem solutions for customers.
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Interface with customer IS/cloud teams to manage the product installations.
- Automate CI/CD pipelines to accelerate our growth and time to market goals.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in implementation of Cloud Services developing/building cloud platforms.
- 5+ years’ experience in Implementing End to End DevOps automation which has code quality checks and unit tests build in the pipeline with continuous feedback for informing in case of errors during build or deployment.
- Managing and Mentoring a team of Cloud/Devops engineers
- Expertise on Azure cloud platform and the following Cloud services: Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure AD, Azure SQL Managed databases, Key Vault (Required)
- Hands-on experience with and strong understanding of Kubernetes and Docker (Required)
- Experience with configuration/provisioning tools (Terraform, Ansible, Azure Templates) (Required)
- Strong scripting/programming skills with at least one of the following languages: Python, Bash, PowerShell (Required)
- Good understanding of infrastructure related components and protocols: Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP, Load balancing, TLS, PKI, OIDC/OAuth2.0, Firewalls and routing (Required)
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and version control (e.g., Jenkins, Azure DevOps/TFS, Git, Bitbucket Pipelines, Nexus/Artifactory) (Required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. (Required)
- Attention to detail and follow up skills. (Required)
- Highly organized and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. (Required)
- Ability to model and live the corporate values. (Required)
- Ability to work both in team environments and as an individual contributor. (Required)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all areas of responsibility, in a professional and discreet manner. (Required)
At ODA we strive to ensure that our team, their families, and their loved ones are taken care of so that our people can do the best work of their lives. Our benefits are focused on our team’s physical, financial, and emotional well-being. To this end, we provide healthcare benefits including vision and dental, as well as retirement, PTO, family leave and many other options to support our team. We believe firmly in everyone’s right to express their authentic self. We strive to show compassion and caring for others throughout their work experience with us. For more details, please see our website or talk with your hiring manager.
Omics Data Automation Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?