MSP System Administrator II
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: MSP System Administrator II
Department: Managed Services Reports to: Service Delivery Manager
The System Administrator II will provide advanced support for clients as well as maintain internal infrastructure. OmegaCor provides a full suite of IT managed services including support of workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software, as well as security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure of clients and internal infrastructure
- Serve as the main point of contact for escalation of customer tickets.
- Support services for Microsoft-related technologies: Windows Servers and Workstations Operating Systems, Microsoft 365, SharePoint, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies including Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware
- Advanced technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, servers, firewalls, security, and remote access
- Ability to manage and deliver project work such as office 365 migrations, Network build-out, on-premise installations, upgrades, and implementations.
- Conduct audits of client infrastructure and security. Provide feedback and recommendations
- Support 3rd party solutions implemented at clients: AV, 2FA, Spam Filter, Phishing Simulations and Trainings, SIEM, IDS, and other solutions
- Recommend and administer cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements
- Support backup and disaster recovery and business continuity solutions
- Monitor and respond to alerts generated from our remote management and monitoring system.
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- System documentation maintenance and review
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Communication and customer service to client end-users: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain excellent standards in customer service and satisfaction of clients
- Meet Service Level Agreements (SLA's) for client requests
- Availability to go onsite to clients as needed
- Complete tickets and projects within budgeted hours
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Ability to manage short term and long term projects and staged implementations
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Complete all required training
- Record all time and expenses associated with projects and tickets
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and emerging technologies in the industry
- Continuing technical trainings and certifications to keep up with demand and improve client satisfaction, resolution times, and project completion times
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 5+ years experience
- Advanced Professional IT Certifications (several), such as MCSE, CCNA, VCP, etc...
- Interpersonal skills: communication, active listening, and customer-care
- ConnectWise Experience is Required
- IT Infrastructure migration and implementation experience required
- Remote Management and Monitoring (RMM) Experience is Required
- Experience in Active Directory and Domain Services Required
- Managed Service Provider (MSP) Preferred
- Cyber Security Experience Preferred
- Procurement Experience Preferred
- Project Management Experience Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?