Process Manager 1935
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Have you ever wished for an Awesome Career Opportunity? Then, look no further! We have an immediate opening for a Process Manager to join a $4.5B manufacturing company with 18,000 employee-owners in a 120+-year-old business unit chemical plant operation. If you like working in a close-knit team-oriented environment who like to get things done, then this is for you!
You will lead a team of hourly operations employees by driving results for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including safety, quality, cost, delivery, absenteeism, training, compliance, on-time delivery, communication etc. You will be working closely with the Operations Manager and GM to refine and optimize production processes. We need a leader who is self-motivated/self-directed and had the ability to lead a union workforce in a fast-paced environment to achieve production goals. This position reports to Operations Manager.
But that is not all!!! This is a well-run company that is an employee-owned ESOP that gives employees a share of the company, individual employees will directly benefit from the success of a company! It also has a strong salary/bonus compensation package and generous benefits are offered for this key role that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, EAP, Educational Reimbursement, Employer Retirement Account, Travel Accident Insurance Prescription / Drug, great 401K Match, Vacation, and a Flexible Spending Account. This great role has relocation provided to a beautiful area in Morgantown / Clarksburg, WV that has:
- A naturally beautiful area that puts you close to a wide range of outdoor activities that include hiking, camping, great skiing, and rafting
- Close to nationally known universities
- Great cost of living that is 21% below the US average
- Safe family environment
- Very affordable housing
- Great schools that have a very low student/ teacher ratio
- Sets up and approves production schedules in plants to ensure that production goals are met and finished product inventories and shipments are maintained at the proper level.
- Responsible for production process and workflows.
- Recommends and/or makes improvements in process, machinery, equipment, and in manufacturing methods.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives.
- Controls flow of materials and utilization of labor to ensure adequate production of quality products to fulfill production requirements
- Reviews and approves plans for the control of production, budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, and engineering/maintenance effectiveness.
- Controls allocation and use of employees to ensure fulfillment of production schedules in all departments at the lowest possible cost.
- Ensures employees are trained, coached, and qualified for their current role
- Provides the team direction (with respect to production volume, cost, quality, and meeting production schedules and delivery dates.)
- Complies with company policies, and local, state, federal regulations in safety, hygiene, environmental and human resources.
- Maintains good team morale, follows, and drives core values, takes disciplinary measures when required
- BS degree or equivalent professional qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a managerial role required
- Can articulate strong experience in implementing Lean, Six Sigma, 5S
- Prior responsibilities include assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Prior experience which demonstrates a progressive increase in operational responsibility
- Can articulate examples of process, product, cost out improvements
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage all available resources to achieve planned results
- Organize and direct the functions under his/her control to guide and implement strategic plans
- Ability to lead, mentor, direct and develop personnel under his/her supervision
- Communicate effectively with and persuade employees at all levels in the organization
- ERP and union plant experience is a plus
- Advanced education is a plus
- Professional Training/Certifications are a plus.
Omega Point Partners
Get fresh Awesome Fun jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.