Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist I- Moorefield, WV
- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance
Are you ready to make a real impact? Can you be the Change in your Community? Omega Health Services is a leading provider in Vocational Rehabilitation for persons with disabilities. We are currently seeking an energetic and independent Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist (VRS) to join our District, in Moorefield! The VRS is a person who routinely works with persons with disabilities, on a day to day basis. Under the guidance of a Community Care Manager, they will work independently and interact professionally within the public domain, and will demonstrate belief in the principles of empowerment of persons diagnosed with Developmental Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, a Veteran of the US Armed Forces, and persons experiencing economic challenges or additional special needs of working age, in seeking, obtaining and maintaining competitive employment that results in self-sufficiency and increased independence. They will deliberately focus on our consumer's experience as well as maintain the employer partnerships that result in the employment of our consumers. More detailed duties and descriptions can be found below:.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Support persons with disabilities to achieve employment based options and goals, leading to the placement in competitive integrated employment to be successful in their current jobs and/or through career advancement.
- Provide quality job support, beginning with pre-employment obligations (new hire screening, paperwork, required trainings, orientation, etc.) and throughout the duration of employment.
- Remain knowledgeable about relevant assistive technology and reasonable accommodations that may assist individuals with disabilities in the workplace, and discuss with individuals supported and/or employers as appropriate.
- Observe, report, document, and provide corrective guidance and solutions to challenges and issues that arise in the workplace.
- Facilitate positive relationships between the individual we support and their coworkers and supervisors.
- Look for opportunities to develop natural supports within the workplace, and establish such relationships whenever possible, to increase independence and decrease dependence on paid staff support.
- Communicate effectively to the individual’s entire Person-Centered Planning (PCP) team regarding the needs of the employer and the individual being supported.
- Verify attendance on a regular basis for each individual on caseload.
- Complete all weekly support visits for individuals on caseload to meet the requirements outlined in each individual’s PCP.
- Enter service logs into OHS's client management software on a daily basis
- Maintain accurate records of individuals’ employment details such as pay rate, benefits offered, supervisory information, etc.
- Actively participate in regular meetings with the Disability Service Coordination team.
- Driving your own personal vehicle and/or an agency vehicle to provide community and/or employment transportation to the participants.
The Ideal Candidate will posses:
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, and group facilitation skills.
- Excellent customer service: able to anticipate client and employer partner needs and resolve issues with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to cultivate existing relationships at schools, universities, and local businesses.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, and manage multiple projects in a very fast-paced, performance-oriented environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with a diverse staff and clientele.
- Document services provided and maintain consumer files according to quality standards.
- Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education, General Education, or History&Arts
- Or Associates Degree with 1 Year of relevant experience
- Or Highschool Diploma/GED with 2 years of relevant experience
- FirstAid/CPR (Upon Employment)
- Relias Training/Online Virtual Training (Training completed On-Site)
- Proficiency working with Workplace by Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, and Asana
- General Education/Tutoring Experience (3Years)
- Valid Driver's License and Transportation w/proper insurance coverage
- Successful Drug Screen
- Successful Background Check (Federal, State, County)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexible work schedule
- Career and University partnerships and scholarships
- COMPT (Perk Stipends)
- SmartDollar (Financial Wellness)
- Access to ACRE, CESP, and WIP-C Certs
- Eligible for pay increases after 90 days·
- Health& Dental Insurance Coverage*·
- Life, AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability Benefits
- Paid Time Off (Earn as you go!)*
- Paid Holidays*
- Employee Assistance Programs*
- Extensive training, including First Aid / CPR /AED
- Company provided software/tablet
- Mileage& Expense Reimbursement
- More as we Go!
Omega Health Services a CARF Accredited ESO therefore is an Equal Opportunity Employer whom supports inclusion and embraces diversity.
We encourage all to apply.
CARF ACCREDITED/EEOC/SDVOSB/MBE Firm
Omega HealthMoorefield, WV
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.