- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Omeat is a new but well-funded startup in the food biotech space. We aim to transform the future of meat and are backed by some of the most influential science and business world leaders in the field, which makes us proud.
We are recruiting the best and the brightest to bring our revolutionary cultivated meat product to consumers around the planet. We are looking for a Manufacturing Technician to add to our already dynamic team to make that happen.
We are at the early stages of growth, and this is an excellent opportunity to join an early-stage startup with unique potential.
Omeat is looking for a skilled and experienced Lab Technician to join our dynamic team. We are a well-funded startup in the food biotech space, and our goal is to transform the future of meat. As a Lab Technician, you will play a key role in our research and development efforts, helping us optimize our process and scale our solution.
- Interface with area leadership and other support groups to execute downstream production
- and cleaning processes.
- Provide immediate feedback to area leadership on process deficiencies or delays.
- Demonstrate respect, encouragement, and teamwork to peers to complete daily tasks.
- Maintain prompt time management around start/stop and breaks, focusing on timely task
- Knowledge of tools and handiwork ability.
- Experience working with large equipment.
- Passionate about contributing to our mission to create a more sensible food system
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Can-do attitude, excited to take on new tasks and learn new things.
- Able to lift 30 lbs, with or without accommodations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / COMPETENCIES / ATTRIBUTES
Key Objectives of this Role
- Perform various building and grounds maintenance functions, including repairing equipment,
- predictive and preventative maintenance, and general handiwork.
- Help maintain equipment in our labs, kitchens, and GMP clean rooms.
- Perform periodic site walks to identify potential problems.
- Work with external vendors on more complex facilities and equipment issues.
- Work with the team to develop a comprehensive maintenance program and build a
- Work with broader team to help solve any facilities issues that come up.
Sample of Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Performing bacterial testing and other tests, banking samples and documentation in electronic lab notebook on daily basis.
- Shipping and receiving samples to collaborators.
- Communicating effectively with managers.
- Keep the track of inventory.
- Be initiative to find solutions and keep the lab running smoothly
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum two (2) years of biological sciences, molecular biology, Chemical engineering, bioengineering or related life sciences degree.
- Minimum two (2) years experience as Lab Technician.
- Knowledge of animal cell culture and bacterial culture and biological assays is a plus.
- Ability to communicate technical information explicitly.
SCHEDULE / WORK LOCATION
- Typical work week: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Work environment (office, laboratory)
- Flexible schedule while working an expected 40+ hours/week
- Our current lab is in Santa Monica. In 2023 will be in Thousands Oaks. Location assistance may be offered once we move to Thousand Oaks.
Our community is about equal opportunity and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation marital status, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Get fresh FOOD Science Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.