Work. With Purpose
ACE Learning Centers, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope, is seeking an individual to join our family.
This individual will join an award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor – and a stellar work ethic – we should talk.
The Social Worker is primarily responsible for helping students to succeed academically, socially, and emotionally, through individual and group counseling and by collaborating with educators, parents, and other professionals to create a safe, healthy, and supportive learning environment that strengthens connections between home and school. The position must perform their duties in a positive work mode and serve as a positive role model and influence for clients and peers.
The position operates with general direction from the supervisor and functions as an integral part of the ACE Learning Center team in supporting and implementing ACE and ChanceLight initiatives. The position operates within the defined practices and processes from the Clinical Services and adheres to the practices and processes as defined. The Social Worker supports the supervisor in decisions regarding the operation of the center(s) and is an active and productive member of the site team.
- School Location - Lewis & Clark Campus in St. Louis, Chambers in Bellefontaine Neighborhood, MO, and West Florissant in St. Louis, MO
- Responsible for identifying and assisting students, families, and schools in overcoming barriers that interfere with student learning.
- Conduct assessments to determine individual student needs
- Make home visits as needed and appropriate to support students and families
- Provide individual and group counseling to support student social, emotional and developmental needs
- Assist parents and students with appropriate referrals to community agencies and resources
- Maintain appropriate documentation of services provided to student and family
- Oversee child abuse and neglect reporting procedures and serve as the main contact
- Provide consultation and conduct professional development to staff as needed
- Submits accurate monthly reports on social work services provided
- Functions as a role model for effective teaching of students as well as for communication and problem solving with staff, reinforcing the school’s emphasis on a behavior analytic, empirical approach to education, the extensive use of data in decision making, and the use of positive behavior intervention and supports to achieve maximum performance when working with students and co-worker
- Keeps up to date with research-based practices and developments in subject area, resources, and professional development
- Responds constructively to formal and informal feedback
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Masters Degree in Social Work from accredited university
- Minimum of 2 years in the social work field preferred
- Must hold or be eligible for certification as a school social worker
- Knowledge of norms of behavior at stages in child's growth and development
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Demonstrated clinical social work skills with individuals, groups, and families
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with district personnel, school personnel, and general public
The ChanceLight Story.
Masters or better in Social Work.
Master's Degree in Social Work
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Strong skills in working with students with diverse needs.
2 years: Working with individuals with severe disabilities and challenging behaviors.
Experience in Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS) and Applied Behavior Analysis preferred.
Experience with at risk youth
Experience with high school and middle school students
Licenses & Certifications Preferred
School Social Worker
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Ombudsman Educational Services
Why Work Here?
We value collaboration, a positive culture among students, staff and administration, and the support to ensure students and teachers succeed