Long Term Substitute Teacher- Special Education Classroom Pre K
Ombudsman Educational Services Waterman, IL
- Posted: 22 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Work. With Purpose
Ombudsman, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope, is seeking an individual to join our family.
This individual will join an award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor – and a stellar work ethic – we should talk.
Substitute Teacher , along with other staff members, prepare and implement a full educational teaching plan for each student. Ombudsman teachers conduct group and individual instruction in the classroom to improve students’ quality of life and prepare them to become active members of their community.
The position operates with general direction from the director and functions as an integral part of the Ombudsman team in supporting and implementing Ombudsman and ChanceLight initiatives. The position operates within the defined practices and processes from the Special Education function and adheres to the guidelines for compliance as defined. The Special Education teacher supports the director in decisions regarding the operation of the center and is an active and productive member of the site team.
- Pre-K Special Education classroom setting
- Deliver instruction, through the use of curriculum materials and educational software
- Develop daily lesson plans and classroom schedule that reflects state and school requirements
- Collaborate with Special Education teachers to provide instructional support and approved modification to the curriculum
- Implement standards for student behavior in order to ensure a safe, secure and effective learning environment by providing a high degree of structure, clear expectations and consistency
Bachelors or better.
Meet professional teacher education requirements of the state
Active secondary state teacher certification.
Knowledge of relevant technology
Skills in working with elementary school students with diverse needs
Licenses & Certifications Required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Ombudsman Educational ServicesWhy Work Here?
We value collaboration, a positive culture among students, staff and administration, and the support to ensure students and teachers succeed