Work. With Purpose
Ombudsman, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope, is seeking an individual to join our family.
This individual will join an award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor – and a stellar work ethic – we should talk.
The teacher plans organize and deliver appropriate instructional practices and strategies, specifically those endorsed by Chancelight, in adherence to national and state standards in a specific content area. Courses are delivered through teacher-led instruction in a technology-rich classroom, and the teacher must effectively use curricular resources and delivery methods to promote student achievement and foster student engagement in the learning process. The teacher ensures a safe learning environment for all students and follows guidelines for addressing/reporting issues and incidents.
The position operates with general direction from the administrator and functions as an integral part of the Ombudsman team in supporting and implementing Ombudsman and Chancelight initiatives. The teacher supports the administrator in decisions regarding the operation of the program and is an active and productive member of the site team.
1660 W. Valencia Road
Tucson AZ 85746
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons for identified Math courses that follow the aligned scope and sequence and include research-based instructional strategies and high levels of student engagement.
- Uses data from assessments to guide instruction, differentiate assignments and/or academic intervention for each student.
- Maximizes instructional time by adhering to schedules, procedures, and routines that foster academic achievement, safety, and appropriate student behavior by upholding the Ombudsman philosophy and policies and apply appropriate disciplinary measures when necessary. Create and maintain a classroom culture that is welcoming, safe and free from disruptions and discipline issues are minimal.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment to ensure fidelity of instruction and student performance/evaluation.
- Assign, grade and provide appropriate and effective feedback on student work. Observe and evaluate student's performance and development. Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students in accordance with the determined timeline.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development. Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, Chancelight and Ombudsman policies and district policies. Prepare required reports on student progress, achievement, and activities.
- Promotes high levels of student social, academic and behavioral growth and achievement in a professional manner. Regularly communicate necessary information to students, team members, supervisors and parents regarding student progress and needs.
- Participate in site meetings, district meetings, student and parent meetings, community events, professional development and training as requested which may extend outside of scheduled hours. Provides additional academic support or tutoring in the content area or learning lab as needed.
- Participate in the assurance, accreditation and accountability processes.
- Keeps up to date with research-based practices and developments in subject area, resources, and professional development.
- Collaborates with other staff to form a community of passionate and intellectually engaging professionals committed to personal growth, student growth, and engagement. Respond constructively to formal and informal feedback.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Join the Ombudsman Educational Services Family! - YouTube
The ChanceLight Story.
Bachelor's Degree or better.
Ability to prioritize so that deadlines are met.
Strong motivational skills and willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and new initiatives.
Strong oral and written communication, instruction, curriculum, conflict resolution, multitasking, problem-solving, decision making and organizational skills.
Strong skills in working with students with diverse needs and skill levels.
Knowledge and understanding of state and/or national content standards.
Experience teaching Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II or integrated courses at the same level.
Current Arizona Fingerprint card
Highly Qualified status in Math. Preferred
Confidence and enthusiasm to quickly learn and utilize technology.
Licenses & Certifications Required
Secondary Math 7-12 License Preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Ombudsman's alternative education and dropout recovery programs help communities combat the staggering social and economic costs of high dropout rates. Since 1975, Ombudsman Educational Services has educated more than 155,000 at-risk students and students who have previously dropped out and introduced them to all the opportunities a real high school diploma provides.
Ombudsman Educational Services provides alternative education programs for middle and high school students who have dropped out or who are at risk of dropping out of school. A flexible schedule with morning, afternoon, and in some cases, evening sessions means students don't have to choose between life and school. Ombudsman offers academic, social and behavioral support so that students earn their high school diplomas and are prepared to make positive choices about the future.
Ombudsman utilizes a number of research-based curriculum resources to deliver its instructional model. Initial and ongoing teacher-led instruction is tailored to ensure each student earns the necessary credits to arrive at graduation in accordance with his or her success plan. Ombudsman's rigorous and relevant academic programs are accredited by AdvancED and aligned to Common Core and state-specific standards.
Ombudsman Educational Services
Why Work Here?
We value collaboration, a positive culture among students, staff and administration, and the support to ensure students and teachers succeed