Ombudsman, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope, is seeking an English Teacher with a Standard Certificate to join our family.
This individual will join an award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor – and a stellar work ethic – we should talk.
The teacher plans, organizes and implements appropriate instructional practices and strategies, specifically those endorsed by Chancelight, in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Instructional strategies and practices might include, but are not limited to, computer assisted instruction, teacher led instruction, small group collaboration and the I do/we do/you do teacher model. The teacher must effectively use curricular resources and delivery methods to promote student achievement and foster student engagement in the learning process. The teacher fosters a safe learning environment for all students and follows guidelines for addressing/reporting issues and incidents.
The position operates with general direction from the Center Director and functions as an integral part of the Ombudsman team in supporting and implementing Ombudsman and Chancelight initiatives. The teacher supports the director in decisions regarding the operation of the center and is an active and productive member of the site team.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment to ensure fidelity of instruction and student performance/evaluation
- Deliver instruction, through the use of curriculum materials and educational software
- Develop daily lesson plans and classroom schedule that reflects state and school requirements
- Collaborate with other Content teachers to provide instructional support and approved modification to the curriculum
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development
- Implement standards for student behavior in order to ensure a safe, secure and effective learning environment by providing a high degree of structure, clear expectations and consistency
Qualifications and Education Required
Bachelors or better.
Skills in working with students with diverse needs
Single subject teaching credential or certification if teaching a specialized subject
Meet professional teacher education requirements of the state- Standard English certification is required.
Knowledge of relevant technology.
Licenses & Certifications Preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities