The Account Manager is responsible for maintaining, growing and servicing existing and new accounts, establish strong, long-term relationships with customers, ensure high quality customer service to all external customers, execute on-time delivery according to customer expectations, inform customers of delivery set-backs and changes in order status while managing the order entry process, troubleshoot problems and rectify complaints and claims. Other responsibilities include developing individual quotes and contract pricing, managing metrics, ensuring correct inventory is in stock to support general sales, proactively identifying customer needs and advising customers of potential issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or 4 plus years’ experience in a steel service center or related industry.
- Skilled in conducting face-to-face presentations, negotiating, closing sales, and account management.
- Highly motivated and possess a personal commitment to the success of the organization
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in email and Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.