Job Description: The Lawn/Landscape Technician is primarily responsible for performing lawn care and landscape services provided to the customers of Olympic Lawn & Landscape. The technician’s work will be performed under the supervision of either the Lawn Service Foreman or the Landscape Foreman. This person will also be responsible for duties as assigned.
Benefits to include:
1 week paid PTO
Shirts, Sweatshirts, Hats & Gloves supplied by company
- Mowing, weed eating, edging & clean-up
- Aerating & seeding
- Spring & fall clean-up
- Mulching, pruning & weed control
- Assist with installation, renovation & maintenance of landscape beds
- Installation of weed mat, curb lighting and down spout pop-ups
- Planting plants, shrubs & trees
- Assist lawn applications under guidance of licensed chemical applicator
- Assist in basic maintenance of lawn care equipment & tools
- Keep assigned work areas clean and safe
- Monitor lawn and landscape quality and reporting problems/concerns to supervisor
- Monitoring inventory of materials and supplies and reporting needs to supervisor
- Be available to assist other work crews as needed
- Driving company vehicles to/from work sites
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner
- Use Company’s resources wisely and effectively
- Complete assigned duties in a timely manner
- Communicate needs, concerns and/or problems to supervisor – resolve issues in a timely manner
- Adhere to all Company safety practices, procedures and policies
- Maintain good communication and positive relations with coworkers, customers and the public
- Represent the Company in a positive manner at all times
- Material handling tasks
- Snow removal & salt application
- Other tasks as assigned or as needed
- 1-2 years experience - Preferred but not necessary (we will train)
- Current Class E Drivers License
- Current DOT Medical Card
Abilities & Skills:
- Ability to safely operate all assigned equipment and tools
- Ability to safely operate company vehicles
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, twist, reach and to climb ladders
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Willingness to work in unfavorable weather conditions
- This work is primarily performed outside in all sorts of weather conditions (i.e. hot, humid, cold, wet, windy, rain, snow) which means the person will need to be adequately prepared.
The information in this job description is not a complete inventory of the job’s duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Rather, it gives the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this job title.
Job Type: Full-time
Olympic Lawn and Landscape Inc
Why Work Here?
Lots of room to grow.
Lee's Summit, MO