Summary/Objective: A highly talented Surgical Technologist with experience assisting in operations, under the supervision of surgeons, registered nurses, or other surgical personnel; helping to set up the operating room, preparing and transporting patients for surgery, adjusting lights and equipment, passing instruments and other supplies to surgeons and surgeon's assistants, holding retractors, cutting sutures, and helping to count sponges, needles, supplies, and instruments.
· Opens sterile supplies and prepares for each operative procedure.
· Assists surgeons during procedure according to prescribed standard. Assists and anticipates the needs of the surgeon.
· Sets up sterile surgical table instruments and supplies according to the type of operation.
· Maintains correct count of sponges/needles per ASC policy and procedure.
· Maintains aseptic technique at all time as dictated by accepted standards.
· Assists in maintenance and care of specimens as directed.
· Assists in application of dressings, casts, and in moving patients as needed.
· Decontaminates all equipment, instruments, and supplies as directed in procedure.
· Compiles and makes available all necessary supplies needed for procedures. Prepares surgical trays, instruments, equipment, and supplies as directed in procedures.
· Helps clean and maintain rooms, equipment, and furniture according to prescribed procedures.
· Assists in inventory storage and retrieval of supplies and equipment.
· Assists with all procedures as assigned by lead staff.
· Maintains confidentiality of all patient and facility’s communications and documentation.
· Communicates a positive and caring attitude toward patient, peers, staff and all other contacts.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, and is able to identify and categorize each patient’s age-specific grouping of needs.
· Seeks guidance, direction and assistance when needed. Follows facility policies and procedures at all times.
· Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients, and others.
· A good command of the English language both verbal and written.
· Superior dexterity skills needed to pass instruments.
· Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
· Requires extensive mobility (walking and standing) while performing duties, with periodic pushing, pulling, and lifting of patients and/or equipment.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent, Scrub technician training program and certification by the state of Washington, or at least one year on-the-job experience performing Scrub Tech duties. Current certification in basic CPR for Healthcare professionals.