Supply Chain Intern
Olympia Chimney Supply Roseland, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Olympia Chimney and Venting, Inc., manufactures and distributes chimney venting components, venting systems, and hearth accessories under both the Olympia and Copperfield names. We market and sell business-to-business, and our customers are contractors, chimney sweeps, hearth retailers.
We are looking for a future supply chain professional to join the team for a paid internship for during the summer months.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Intern will be responsible to support the development and implementation of Supply Chain processes and tools, applying data analytics and business intelligence methods to improve Supply and Demand Planning.
The Supply Chain Intern is responsible for:
- Data Analysis – Reviewing current Supply and Demand Planning processes
- Process Development - Assisting in the development, training and implementation of data driven enhancements to supply chain processes.
- Project Management – Assisting with the development of a project plan, understanding key milestones, presenting data to stakeholders.
- Project Summary – Completion of project, summary of developments to stakeholders and management.
Developmental, Experiential & Educational Value (for Summer Intern):
- The Intern will gain knowledge in the supply chain operations, have opportunity to apply education in a practical setting, manage a project from inception to completion, and develop presentation skills.
- Humility: Having or showing a modest or low estimate of one’s own importance; putting the needs of another person before your own and thinking of others before yourself
- Results Orientation (Get It Done): Having a work ethic and a way of overcoming challenges and getting things done without making excuses; delivering on results and does what he/she says they will do
- Customer Focus: Meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers to achieve positive outcomes
- Technical Expertise: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Professionalism: Dealing directly and forthrightly with people and problems, persisting to get the job done, and managing personal responses and stress
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required – or higher - standards, and pitching in to get the job done.
- Confidentiality: Ability to use confidential or sensitive information in a professional manner to achieve collection goals.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a temporary, full-time position of up to 40 hours per week. The position can be remote or in the office located in Scranton, PA. A flexible schedule Monday- Friday, between 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited University, with a major in Supply Chain Management or Logistics. Prefer a student in their Junior or Senior year.
- Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment.
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without Visa sponsorship.
Olympia Chimney Supply Holdings, LLC, including subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Olympia Chimney Supply
BusinessView all jobs at Olympia Chimney Supply