This position is on 1st shift: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
This position is responsible for packing various metal components for shipment, such that product will not be damaged in transit and is accurately labeled.
- Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Remove completed or defective products or materials
- Load materials and products into package processing equipment.
- Assemble, line, and pad boxes using hand tools.
- Pack boxes following a specific set of instructions
- Seal and label each container
- Other duties as assigned
- Humility: Having or showing a modest or low estimate of one’s own importance; putting the needs of another person before your own and thinking of others before yourself
- Results Orientation (Get It Done): Having a work ethic and a way of overcoming challenges and getting things done without making excuses; delivering on results and does what he/she says they will do
- Customer Focus: Meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers to achieve positive outcomes
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Professionalism: Dealing directly and forthrightly with people and problems, persisting to get the job done, and managing personal responses and stress
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required – or higher - standards, and pitching in to get the job done.
- Technical skills: Ability to take accurate measurements, cut and assemble cartons,
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are in place and masks, gloves and hand sanitizer (PPE) are provided and required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Temperature is varied to the temperature outside due to open doors and garages.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Wearing PPE as described above to prevent COVID-19 is required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position during the first shift of the day, normally 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a high school education or GED equivalent
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions, read a tape measure and convert fractions to decimals, with basic geometry skills being a plus
- Must be able to problem solve, manage time, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication and organizational skills and extreme attention to detail and safety
- Proven experience as packer or similar position preferred
Olympia Chimney Supply, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
In January 2019, Olympia acquired Copperfield Chimney Supply. Copperfield was founded in 1978 by industry icon “Sooty” Bob Daniels, and quickly grew to become a leading national distributor serving contractors and retailers in the service of hearth and chimney services.
Olympia’s acquisition of Copperfield in 2019 brought together two of the biggest names in the chimney and venting industry. With the unifying passion for innovation and driving the customer experience, the combination of the two companies made for a stronger single entity within the industry. All divisions of the organization are committed to advocating, educating and promoting fire safety.
www.olympiachimney.com - www.copperfield.com