OluKai Women's Product Manager
At OluKai, we build premium products for the ocean lifestyle. Our footwear is created using the highest quality materials and crafted into beautiful, functional and incredibly comfortable designs that reflect the spirit of the ocean lifestyle we all enjoy.
We are committed to creating quality products for our customers while leaving the smallest footprint possible on the planet. Our company philosophy is to be environmentally responsible as manufacturers and to pledge OluKai to actively support and work for a clean environment and a better quality of life.
Our customers and staff embody the connection that exists between people and the ocean, it is our Culture. We want to build a team of individuals who embrace this culture, and have a passion for providing premium products and service to our customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: From Consumer insights to Line Plan, from to Briefs to Triad Management, all the way to Sell In to GTM, drive a Women's product strategy and execute a process that delivers product excellence and serves our seasonal and annual business strategies.
Develop and Execute Business, Product and Pricing Strategies
Lead the product team in the creation of short and long-term strategies, tactical product executions and innovations. Develop seasonal business and line plans that contribute to your overall business plan.
Product Creation Process
Manage product creation process to ensure that key milestones are achieved, and products meet the needs of customer base from strategy to launch. Ensure seamless interaction to deliver a product line that is designed, developed and manufactured to meet product requirements, market needs, margin goals, and calendar timelines. Includes Inline, DTCx, Collabs and SMUs.
Create product briefs that inspire design and development to raise the bar in product (and creative) excellence. Incorporate Consumer insights, marketplace influences and the Merchant Planner's analysis. Provide briefs that give clear product direction and information to the development and design partners. Includes Inline, DTCx, Collabs and SMUs
Lead Product Triad
Develop a collaborative working environment among the greater product creation team, leading the Women's triad through the seasonal creation calendar. Partner with Design, Development and Sourcing to ensure deadlines are met and that product range hits all key metrics (initial gross margin, retail pricing, minimums, and turns). Resolve process issues and recommend ways to continually improve the interaction of team members as well as process efficiencies.
Consistently deliver high quality presentations of product lines to various internal and external audiences such as Key Accounts, Sales and Upper Management at key events such as: Pre- Lines, Sample Reviews, Sales Meetings and Trade Shows. Proactively stay on top of new formats, tools and ways to elevate these presentations when they start to feel dated.
Ensure Women's products are delivering on seasonal weigthed margins and SKU efficiencies each season. Review the Merchant Planner's in-season and hindsight analysis on a regular basis to leverage the insights and information to inform product decisions.
Create the Future
Inform and input into the Product 2.0 strategy - doing the research to bring best practices, participate in decisions regarding Product, informing/educating partners & peers when the Team is stuck in the change, and also following through with implementation of a phased roll-out.
- Bachelor's Degree in Product Merchandising or related area
- 5 years experience building product lines
- Understanding of the ocean lifestyle and its participants
- Analytical / Strategic thinking; results oriented
- Knowledge of trends and knowing how to use that knowledge to produce one of a kind product
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Passion, desire and integrity
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills and a passion for details
- High level of analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work process
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to build collaborative partnerships cross-functionally
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be comfortable in a situation that is not always well defined or changes frequently
- Good communication skills, a professional attitude, and enthusiasm for one's work are all prerequisites for this position.
- Required travel: 20% of time.
BusinessView All OluKai-Kaenon-melin-Roark Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.