Responsibilities for the Food Science Lab Technician Position include:
- Responsible for daily in-process and finished product testing.
- Assists in maintaining most lab equipment and completes daily calibrations.
- Follows lab procedures and recommended updates when needed, and follows all general and Westby Cooperative Creamery GMP's and SOP's.
- Ensures that laboratory records are accurate and maintained properly.
- Performs regular product shelf life analysis.
- Inspects production equipment daily for cleanliness and addresses any problems with the production supervisor.
- Walks through plant on a daily basis, checking fogging stations, foot baths, and date codes.
- Assists in Material Review when product quality issues arise and helps place products on HOLD when necessary.
- Communicates with management on a daily basis on all matters concerning product quality.
- Spot checks cleaning chemical strengths and records the results weekly or as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalency and Laboratory Science Technician diploma and one year of similar work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information.
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word) required.
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely performs tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures
- Dependability, flexibility, energy, and efficiency.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and work in a team or independently with a positive attitude.
Work Hours, 3:00pm-11:30pm (4 days on, 2 days off)
Apply online at www.olsten.com or call 608-782-1100 to set up an interview today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
***Like Our New Facebook Page***