Olson Kundig is a Seattle-based design practice founded on the ideas that buildings can serve as a bridge between nature, culture, and people, and that inspiring surroundings have a positive effect on people’s lives. Led by five owners, the firm’s work can be found across the globe, with projects as wide-ranging as huts to high rises, homes—often for art collectors—to academic, cultural and civic projects, museums and exhibition design, places of worship, creative production, urban design, and interior design.
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Interior Designer (Hospitality) who can help contribute to the overall excellence of work coming from Olson Kundig.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Develop design concepts, solutions and presentations for hospitality interiors in collaboration with a diverse staff including firm partners, interior designers, and architects.
· Manage project design, project budgets, staffing requirements, and schedules to meet project goals.
· Program design requirements, space planning, and verify compliance of interior code requirements, coordinate interiors with electrical/HVAC systems.
· Source, select and specify finishes (architectural exterior/interior), appliances, plumbing fixtures, and furnishings,
· Preparing drawings, presentations, and technical documentation.
· Designing and specifying standard and/or custom furnishings and accessories.
· Collaborating with in-house purchasing staff regarding the procurement of specified furnishings and accessories.
· Reviewing project installations and conducting final punch list of furnishings, artwork, and accessories.
- Minimum 4-year Degree in Interior Design or equivalent.
- Minimum of ten years of experience working with an architectural or interior design firm.
- Knowledge of furniture, material, and building finish products suitable for residential, hospitality or commercial projects.
- Must have interior construction knowledge to assist in design detailing and construction
- Knowledge of LEED or Well Building Standards.
- Proficient in Revit.
- Fluent in CAD, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office Suite.
Nice to Have:
- NCIDQ certification a plus.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, organizational and time management skills.
- Concise, personable verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility of workstyles; independently, with a team or leading others.
- Responsibly manages client and team communication in written and oral form.
- Has excellent time management, multi-tasking, and working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Embraces the opportunity to work in an open office environment.
- Has an interest and appreciation of the art, craft, and knowledge of modern design.
What can you expect from us?
- A creative work environment and colleagues who are collaborative, creative and challenging
- Opportunity to grow professionally with excellent projects
- Check our culture page here to learn about life at Olson Kundig
At Olson Kundig along with a great work environment you get some wonderful benefits such as contributions towards HSA from the company, currently doing a 4% match towards the 401K, bonus and profit-sharing plans for various qualified roles, 16 days of paid time off, a monthly travel subsidy through ORCA if you use public transportation and more…
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. All applicants must already possess long term work authorization.