Olmsted Center for Sight (OCS) is seeking a Service Coordinator to work 30 hours per week. This position is primarily responsible for ensuring residents of OCS's housing properties are linked with appropriate supportive services to remain independent in their own homes. Under the direction of the Senior Property Manager, the Service Coordinator is expected to provide general case management of OCS's residents.
- Coordinate supportive services for the residents of OCS housing properties
- Assess service needs, determining eligibility and linking residents to appropriate supportive services
- Provide general case management of residents to include intake, education and referral of residents to service providers in the community
- Monitor the ongoing provision of services to residents and provide assistance to residents when needed
- Assist residents in building support networks with other residents and the community
- Assist residents in other supportive services related to subjects of health care, job search, life skills training, etc.
- Assist residents with problem solving, paperwork for all outside agencies, and bill paying / check writing
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate excellent internal and external customer service
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving
- Demonstrate active listening and assessment skills
- Effectively work with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Comfortable communicating with individuals in crisis or experiencing high levels of stress
- Counsel individuals with an ability to balance agency policy while displaying sensitivity to clients/colleagues
- Demonstrate patience and flexibility
- Work well as part of a team
- High school degree or equivalent
- Experience with HUD, section 8 and HCR
- NY State driver's license and reliable transportation OR the ability to travel effectively within assigned geographic area
Olmsted Center for Sight is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.