Olmsted Center for Sight (OCS) is seeking full, half and part time Information & Referral Specialists’. This position is primarily responsible for answering calls, determining and addressing caller needs while collecting and documenting all required data. Under the direction of the Contact Center Services Supervisor, the Information & Referral Specialist is expected to provide efficient, courteous and outstanding customer service to callers of the Contact Center.
Currently hiring for weekday evening and overnight shifts as well as weekend shifts. Applicants will be expected to maintain flexibility in scheduling to the extent practical to meet the needs of a 24 hour help center.
· Answer and document all incoming calls in accordance with Contact Center procedure
· Manage call volume in a timely and efficient manner
· Assess caller needs to provide comprehensive information and make accurate referrals to appropriate agencies, programs and services
· Schedule appointments for agency programs and collect necessary caller information
· Complete follow ups and log calls in accordance with Contact Center procedure
· Uphold quality assurance goals
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
· Demonstrate excellent internal and external customer service
· Effectively work with individuals of diverse backgrounds
· Comfortable communicating with individuals in crisis or experiencing high levels of stress
· Counsel individuals with an ability to balance agency policy while displaying sensitivity to clients/colleagues
· Adapt communication style depending on assigned duty
· Maintain confidentiality and professionalism in a fast paced environment
· Demonstrate independent thinking and problem solving
· Demonstrate detail orientation in completion of duties
· Demonstrate patience, flexibility, and active listening
· Effectively communicate with colleagues, customers, vendors and/or outside agencies
· Achieve results independently and work well as part of a team
· Maintain a calm, sensitive demeanor in an actively changing work environment
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Two years of experience in customer service, Contact Center or human services
· Ability to provide documentation of legal blindness preferred
TO APPLY please click on the link below:
Olmsted Center for Sight is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.
VIA helps advance the lives of those in the blind and visually impaired community.
VIA helps change the perception of others about the blind and visually impaired community.