Purpose: Position is responsible for cleaning teeth and educating patients on proper care for mouth and gums; entering patient data on charts.
· Patient screening procedures such as assessment of oral health conditions and review of health history.
· Take digital dental radiographs.
· Perform prophylaxis, SCRD and perio maintenance.
· Administration of fluoride varnish.
· Provide oral hygiene instruction to patients.
· Completion of clinical notes in Dentrix.
· Schedule appointments for treatment.
· Maintain instruments and Equipment
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Must be able to sign a statement of faith; contact Clinic for more information.
Education: Must be registered Dental Hygienist
Knowledge: Must be knowledgeable in current dental hygiene practices and procedures. Knowledge of Dentrix, Dexis or other dental software preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Must be CPR and VA LA Certified; Spanish-speaking is preferred by not required; Must be available to work 8 hours a week (preferably on Tuesdays but can discuss) . Ability to work with all levels of employees, management and patients, ensuring a safe and compliant workplace. Must have initiative and be able to work independently.
Requires long periods of sitting and bending over patients from seated position.
Requires 1+ years of dental hygienist experience.