Gourmet Cheese Monger
Oliver's Market Santa Rosa, CA
- Expired: 20 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Gourmet Cheese Monger
Shifts: Mid shifts (starts after 10:00 AM)
The mission of the Oliver’s Market Gourmet Cheese Department is to provide the most comprehensive selection of local and imported cheeses, ensure the highest quality standards, and provide an exceptional customer service experience. As a Gourmet Cheese Cheese Monger, you will execute all duties and tasks related to Gourmet Cheese and specialty items, counter service, sanitation, stocking of product. You will ensure proper handling of all gourmet cheese and related products. Recommend and sample cheese and accompaniments. Maintain a positive company image by exhibiting considerate, friendly, and efficient customer service and production in the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- At least 1 year experience in Artisan Cheese.
- Passion for Artisan Cheese and related products.
- Practical knowledge of cutting and handling traditional cheese varieties.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Advanced flavor lexicon needed to describe taste of product.
- Advanced ability to successfully pair food and beverage.
- Some knowledge of places of origin, production methods, breed varieties, tradition, and history.
- Demonstrated ability in knife handling, other cutting equipment, and safety procedures.
- Ability to describe flavor, texture of cheeses, as well as different uses of cheese.
- Ability to multitask.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, and team oriented.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Provide great customer service.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of a Cheese Monger.
- Maintain inventory and process loads as required.
- Help customers efficiently while providing them a quality experience.
- Stock, restock and rotate product, including but not limited to: cheese, olives, crackers, etc.
- Cut cheese with accuracy and in appropriate style.
- Wrap cheese neatly and efficiently.
- Price cheese accurately.
- Operate scale to ensure correct pricing.
- Merchandize cheese properly to maintain quality.
- Control spoilage
- Practice FIFO rotation.
- Maintain proper signage for all items.
- Maintain a safe and organized warehouse and back of house cooler.
- Be Serve Safe Certified or complete Mind leaders certification.
- Follow all parameters of HACCP program.
- Perform all duties assigned.
- Minimum of 18 years of age (must be 21 years of age for Cotati store location)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Wages & Benefits
- Medical, Dental, And Vision
- 401 (k) retirement
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Time off and Sick Time
- Flex Spending Account for Medical & Dependent Care
- Regular Wage Increases
- Commuter Benefits
- Safety Incentive Program
- Career Development and Growth Opportunities
AddressSanta Rosa, CA
RetailView all jobs at Oliver's Market