Platemaker/Proofing Tech (Prepress)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Oliver Inc. offers a full range of creative, competitive and reliable services that make it a one-stop solution for all of your printing and packaging needs.
With multiple production facilities located in NY, VA, MA, OH, Oliver is proud to offer innovative and customized options to help you achieve your sustainable packaging goals.
If you can dream it, Oliver can do it! We think outside the Box ...and Print beyond!
Oliver Inc. is looking for an experienced Prepress Platemaker/Proofing Tech to join our team. The person will be responsible for preparing quality printing plates and proofs for press. The Platemaker/Proofing Tech will operate CTP equipment to expose sensitized metal plate from digital files to produce offset printing plates. A successful candidate will be detailed oriented, must review production order for special instructions or information prior to beginning any work. The ideal candidate will take ownership of prioritizing work schedules, be able to learn and use computer software to create the plates and be accurate in inspecting inks, layout, images produced on plate for defects or errors that will manifest during the printing process, before sending out to production.
If you want to be part of a people-centered great family culture company, do not hesitate to apply!
- Select plates appropriate for the length of run and reproduction characteristics of the images.
- Verifies all job information to ensure that correct plates are being used; checks plates for quality and repairs any flaws.
- Inspect completed plates for holes, scratches, hot spots, covered images, presence of all images, correct plate size, correct image position, correct imposition, correct labeling, etc.
- Service platemaking equipment including plate processors.
- Receives and stores platemaking materials. Responsible for the overall cleanliness and housekeeping of the work area.
- A complete understanding of print & packaging techniques and methods.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of job-related experience.
- Well versed with Adobe applications. Experience with Heidelberg workflow a plus.
- Team Player with ability to multi-task with deadlines while still meeting standards.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
- Trouble shooting mind set.
- Attention to detail and excellent close vision.
- Good time management skills
- Ability to stand for long period of time
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
Oliver Inc. is a Best Workplace in the Americas award winner!
Oliver Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, citizenship status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at Oliver Inc.