Assistant Office Manager wanted for busy high-end residential architecture firm in New York City. The Assistant Office Manager will assist the Office Manager, Principal and the Architectural Staff in day-to-day office operations and architectural projects. The Assistant Office Manager will also handle front-desk duties as the first point of contact for all callers and guests.
Our office is friendly and fast-paced, with a staff of about 20 people and 4 phone lines. Our focus is on delivering the highest in customer service to our clients. Our ideal candidate has a design or creative background, is inquisitive, self-motivated, organized, punctual with excellent communication skills and experience in client services.
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Basic knowledge of computers (MacOS), printing equipment and related troubleshooting skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
· Strong organizational skills. Able to prioritize effectively and efficiently with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Problem solving skills and attention to details.
· Meeting and greeting all clients and guest and creating a welcoming environment.
· Answering incoming phone calls and directing calls to the appropriate person.
· Managing the conference room schedule, keeping conference room organized, providing food and beverage set-ups for meetings.
· Managing and scheduling conference calls and web meetings.
· Scheduling and coordinating staff “lunch & learns”.
· Maintaining inventory of office supplies.
· Acting as the main point of contact for all deliveries and shipments.
· Administrative support, general filing, reports, logging and distributing consultant invoices, etc.
· Maintaining office contact database.
· Organizing sample library and creating system of cataloging samples.
· Maintaining reference library of books and building codes. Keeping code books up to date.
· Maintaining office photo catalog.
· Working with Office Manager in creating systems for streamlining workflow and office efficiency as necessary.
· Working with Office Manager for on-boarding of new staff.
· Working with Office Manager to maintain Instagram and other websites.
· Scheduling office events, such as holiday parties or happy hours.
· Maintaining and coordinating office gifts.
· Assisting in minor troubleshooting of office equipment and computer issues and coordinating with the IT consultant.
· Assisting the Principal and architectural staff with a variety of tasks as needed, including:
- helping with graphic layout of presentation materials using Adobe suite of products.
- document management including scanning of drawings, filing and distributing to our consultants.
- updating architectural schedules in M.S. Excel and Word.
Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Elective Dental & Vision Plan, SEP-IRA retirement plan available for full time employees after the completion of 3 years.