Profile by Sanford is looking for an Assistant Manager for its Morgantown WV location. The position is initially being offered as a part-time, hourly position with the potential to advance to a full-time, salary position. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for reporting to the store owners regarding retail operations and business development activities. The Assistant Manager will also be required to coach members and perform other duties as assigned.
Success at this position will require the following skill-sets:
- High order thinker capable of multitasking and working independently with little oversight/reminders, only daily check-ins.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and motivated to develop and hit measurable daily/weekly/monthly milestones for efficient execution of long-term goals.
- Sales expertise with both products and services, especially with inventory management/selling capabilities.
- Work ethic includes an understanding that the work day is done when the daily tasks are complete.
- Prepares in advance for daily tasks but also has an ability to adjust seamlessly and graciously for unexpected events.
- Inquisitive, does not overlook details, and solves problems quickly and completely.
- Customer service experience.
- Easily understands technology, including Microsoft Outlook and Excel applications; Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms; and company built computer platforms.
- Not afraid of accountability and responsibility.
- Experience motivating, managing and training individuals.
- Possesses basic sales and marketing skills plus exceptional verbal skills for rapport building, reading the customer, getting past the gate keeper, closing the deal, giving presentations, cold-calling, building business alliances, etc.....
- Able to understand basic nutritional advice so as to be an effective nutritional coach when needed.
- Possesses the necessary English/grammar skills and creativity to develop new ideas and create excitement regarding health and wellness that will increase our membership base.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Community involvement and an interest in a healthy lifestyle.
All job duties will be carried out using a high level of customer service while promoting and participating in the team approach. High level of professionalism is expected while promoting health and wellness both personally and professionally. Provide nutrition knowledge and expertise with anticipated future research projects. Must maintain competence in nutrition and exercise theory and practice.
Computer skills to include use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook as well as navigate and be proficient to teach and encourage members and team how to use the Profile web site.
Mostly day hours, however, scheduled hours will vary dependent on staffing needs of retail site. This position is exempt and may involve varied work hours. Some overnight travel may be required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred with 6 months to 1 yr experience as a store manager highly recommended.