SUMMARY: The Plant Production Manager is responsible for operations, production, safety and policy enforcement for the Plant. The Production Department Supervisors will directly report to the Production Manager. Other responsibilities include; production scheduling, ensuring daily reports are being completed accurately and timely, ensure Department Supervisor weekly time sheets are properly filled out and approved. Coordinate production needs with Maintenance Manager to ensure minimum downtime for PM's and planned maintenance. Plan and review all project work with the Plant Manager; administer HACCP and GMP policies. Maintain high standards of excellence, attention to detail and the willingness/flexibility to work through peak work cycles. Significant Travel will be required in the first year for training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseeing day to day plant operations, identifying problems and developing and implementing corrective and preventative measures.
- Ensure operations personnel follow the established procedures for start-up, operation, and shutdown of the plant.
- Follow production reports and troubleshoot any issues during operation. Offers potential solutions and reports any issues on a daily basis to management.
- Ensure prescribed checks and monitoring of all operating equipment are carried out as required.
- Establishes and ensures that safety policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintain proper records and logs of activities and operating conditions, and down time.
- Work closely with purchasing coordinator to ensure adequate supplies are available.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, vendors, senior staff, staff support.
- Prepare and maintain updated production schedules.
- Understand, support and help implement/maintain the Quality Management System (QMS), Operating Policies, and safety programs.
- Understand, support and help implement goals and objectives, and on-going improvement plans and activities.
- Provide leadership in professionalism and ethics.
- Lead and Facilitate production meetings with direct reports
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred but not necessary
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Department Supervisors will directly report to the Production Manager under the direction of the Plant Manager. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training new employees, planning, assigning, directing work and resolving problems. Will be required to perform annual performance reviews of all direct reports.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor of Science degree is preferred or applicable significant work experience, two (2) or more years related experience in leadership roles. Prior experience in bacon production or further processed meats is preferred.