Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive clients, tenants, vendors and guests with a welcoming smile and helpful attitude. You make the first and last impression on every person that calls or visits our Firm.
- Attendance and punctuality to ensure that the office and reception area are open and responsive during all Firm business hours.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures.
- Manage high call volume in a timely manner, screen and route calls, as well as, relay messages and provide information to clients; own the busy telephone switchboard.
- Monitor visitor access and help maintain workplace security by following protocol.
- Draft letters and documents.
- Issue validations and maintain visitor logs.
- Assist with a variety of administrative tasks including copying, faxing, taking notes, responding to and distributing emails and faxes in a timely manner.
- Prepare meeting and training rooms and keep a running calendar of all meetings held in office.
- Access and obtain information from company database.
- Oversee and log both incoming and outgoing mail deliveries, packages and couriers.
- Perform ad-hoc administrative duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills, courteous and personable.
- Strong computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing documents.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 WPM
- Client and positive team member skills.
- Conscientious, detail-oriented and must possess good time management skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and have a strong work ethic.
- Sound understanding of customer service principles and practices.
- Excellent written and communications skills.
- 3 or more years of proven work experience as a Receptionist or Administrative Assistant.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but a high school diploma will be accepted with some college or equivalent experience.