POSITION PURPOSE/Company Summary: Key member of tax team that ensures the company meets income tax reporting requirements. The position will be responsible for federal income tax compliance (U.S. and international), IRS audits, and helping the tax team identify and implement tax savings opportunities. This individual will also be responsible for work related to the shareholders.
Old World Industries is a diversified Company that is engaged in developing, manufacturing and marketing a wide-variety of products and services in the automotive, consumer and service industries. For additional Company information, please visit our website www.owi.com.
DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review U.S. income tax returns for a variety of entities including S Corporations, Partnerships, and Disregarded LLCs.
- Review international tax forms including Forms 5471, 8858, and FBARs.
- Perform research and analysis of international tax implications including GILTI, Section 965, Subpart F, Sec. 987, foreign-sourced income, and check-the-box elections.
- Review quarterly tax projections.
- Review year-end accounting requirements, such as provisions, ASC 740 (FKA FIN 48), and deferreds.
- Work with various personnel in finance to gather IC-DISC data.
- Leads IRS audits.
- Work with shareholders on quarterly tax estimates and distributions
- Work with business units to accumulate information required for quarterly and annual tax compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting the Dept’s OneSource and Sage software systems.
- Develop policies and procedures to streamline workpapers.
- Work with IT to implement fixed asset conversion.
- Help identify, research, and implement tax savings opportunities.
- Identify and implement changes in income tax laws, rules and regulations.
- Oversee, train, and mentor tax staff
DIRECT REPORTS: Income Tax Staff
Internal: Finance Department, shareholders, and other company representatives
External: Outside Service Providers
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelors in Accounting required.
- CPA preferred.
- 10+ years of federal tax experience.
- Public accounting firm experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and be detail-oriented.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Knowledge of tax preparation software (ONESOURCE/Gosytems) required.
- Knowledge of fixed asset software (FAS/Sage Fixed Assets) preferred.