This position operates a tractor and tanker trailer for the transport of both Hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals throughout the continuous 48 States. Prepares, receives and provides appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of goods to ensure timely service. Loads, secures, inspects, verifies, and unloads cargo. Maintains radio or telephone contact with dispatcher to receive instructions for scheduled delivery or pick up. Maintains logs of travel and cargo according to federal and state regulations.
- Sign on Bonus after 6 months and 1 year anniversary
- Competitive hourly rate $25.50 and time and a half after 40 hours
- New equipment
- New distribution center located in Bolingbrook, Illinois
- Excellent benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid life insurance, 401K with company match, holidays and Paid Time off, STD, LTD, Paid Long Term Care, Pet insurance, Wellness
- Bolingbrook/ Burr Ridge, Illinois
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to climb, walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat and lift at least 70 lbs. to perform the following work duties;
- Perform vehicle safety checks on the individual’s tractor/tanker and complete Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Must be able to climb trailer and cab ladders for securement of domes, vents, plugs and valves
- Must be able to safely drive new equipment, either manual, automatics, day cabs, sleepers, triaxle, tanker, doubles, box trailers, flatbeds along with the use of pumps or air compressors.
- Handle sections of hose that may exceed 20’ in length, measure as much as 4” in diameter, and weigh as much a 70lbs.
- Pick up and deliver products in a timely manner.
- Obtain necessary signatures from terminals and customers.
- Ensure product is dispensed in a manner that prevents spills, overfills, and cross contamination.
- Notify manager of any issues with customer, equipment, traffic or weather conditions that might effect on-time delivery.
- Stand for long periods of time during loading or offloading.
- Drive/sit for long periods of time. DOT 11 hour drive time regulation.
- Requires a flexible start and end time along with weekend and Holiday work schedule in accordance to DOT HOS regulations
- Driver may be required to work away from home for extended periods of time / Layover, due to weather, DOT HOS, customer delivery requirements and company emergency campaigns.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 25 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years or more CDL Class A experience
- 1 year or more of tanker driving experience with hazmat and tanker endorsements
- Must be able to have positive customer relations with terminals, vendors and customers along with working in a team environment in which the driver demonstrates professionalism and a desire to be a significant factor in growing our business.
- Must pass drug screen, DOT physical, PSP, criminal and MVR background checks (No more than 1 moving violation or accident in past 3 years).
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC card and pass all HAZMAT and DOT function Specific training
- Must be able to use electronic logging device – Verizon connect
- Ensure safety during both the hooking and dropping process of tractor / trailer
- Must adhere to all company and Governmental safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to adhere to all Safety Policies / Procedures including wearing of all PPE during loading and unloading of tankers in both Hot and Cold weather conditions.
- Capable of loading, unloading, securing and transporting hazardous and non-hazardous freight incident free
- Demonstrates and promotes defensive driving tactics
- Adhering to DOT and other Governmental Regulations.
- Be able to read, understand and communicate safety all SDS, FMCSR and ERG emergency guidebooks / first responder information in English pursuant to 49 CFR.
- Effective verbal and written communications