POSITION PURPOSE: The Sr. Customer Support Manager is accountable for leading the customer service activities for Old World Industries. This includes responsibility for the daily execution of the Customer Support processes of order management, account management, incoming call volume and daily issue resolution as well as the coaching and performance management of their respective team.
DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Build a strategic Customer Support model. Assist the Sr. Director Global Customer Operations in planning and formulating departmental policies
· Recommends and implements improvements in overall structure, streamline processes and ensure policies adherence
· Understand business needs in order to create and establish a sustainable and scalable business model designed for growth
· Engages in the design, implementation and optimization of support center phone system while leveraging the technology to ensure maximum benefits being reached
· Manages and maintains daily processes and procedures within all aspects of the Customer Support team to achieve excellence in service provided
· Manages, develops and implements various methods in supporting and enhancing the organizations business needs across all channels
· Collaborates with cross-functionals leaders across the organization to establish and improve cross-functional processes as well as with the direct end-user. Primary focus on improving customer experience. The cross-functional teams include but are not limited to Production Planning, Transportation, Sales, Sales Support, Business Development, Accounts Receivables, IT and fulfilment networks
· Maintains ISO certification of department processes
· Manages a team of 2 Team Leads and 25 CSR’s in investigating, and resolving issues, inquiries and requests across a variety of different systems and means of incoming workloads
· Actively guides, mentors, and develops Team Leads and CSR’s
· Ensures timely and accurate performance of tasks daily
· Create and manage various team reports (KPI’s) to understand CSR performance on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
· Alignment, tracking, reporting and delivery to objectives and KPIs while level setting performance accountability and expectations
· Provides guidance to employees with issue resolution, being resourceful, and working with other relevant teams such as Sales, Production in an attempt to achieve expedient results
· Studies schedules and estimate time, cost, and services to understand cost to serve.
· Develop benchmarks and implements processes for monitoring progress on work activities, such as incoming work volume, completion rates, and pending requests to ensure all inquiries flowing into the team are handled in a timely and accurate manner
· Establish proper follow-up methodology with any and all relevant parties and makes sure inquiries do not ‘slip in the cracks
· Recruits, hires, trains, and new and existing evaluates employee performance, and initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions accordingly
· Collect and document customer requirements and procedures
· Align customer service activities and initiatives to support and enhance various Old World business channels such as Retail, Commercial & Industrial and National Accounts such as but not limited to; order processing, product returns, and resolving payment deductions
· Handle day-to-day customer and employee issues and any elevated and complex customer service complaints
· Implement service level standards and administer clear performance metrics and targets for the entire team as designed by the Global Customer Operations team
· Document and execute to various customer-based and organizational SLA’s
· Lead and/or support efforts to develop and implement process and procedures based on best practices that enable the Customer Support team to perform their responsibilities in a more efficient and cost savings manner
· Motivate and empower staff through effective and open communication, performance feedback and teambuilding - Exerts influence in the development of overall objectives, assignments, and long-range goals of the organization.
· Ensures the creation and proper maintenance of departmental SOP’s and/or SWI’s.
· Must possess ability to work and think in a cross-functional dynamic matrix environment
· Demonstrated ability to review and analyze appropriate data order to effectively communicate business performance as well as team performance with daily workload
· Confidant in leading change; establishing a sense of purpose and urgency; gaining and sustaining momentum
· Strong problem solving, prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing projects
· Responsible for special projects such as managing order control, volume and delayed orders reports
· Additional duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Supply Chain
· 5+ years sales/customer service experience
· Excellent communication skills: oral and written.
· Excellent time-management and prioritization skills.
· Preferred PC skills such as; AS400, SAP, Salesforce, EDI and Microsoft Office Suite or other ERP/CRM and GUI based systems