Old Harbor Native Corporation Denali, AK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Grande Denali Lodge & Denali Bluffs Hotel are looking to fill their Executive Chef position!
The Executive Chef is responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, group meals functions, employee dining, and other outlets for two seasonal properties in a remote location.
They will also be responsible to develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes working closely with Director of Food and Beverage. Teach, coach, and supervise staff. Actively be involved in food production and meal service in a supervisory and hands-on approach. Monitor food and labor budget in the kitchen/ BOH operation. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans menus for 7 food and beverage outlets in two hotels.
- Schedules and coordinates the work of sous chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Works closely with the Director of F&B in preparing necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with the Food & Beverage Director about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of guests.
- In conjunction with F&B management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome members.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline kitchen employees in the department.
- Provide, develop, train, and maintain a professional work force.
- Ensure all services to members are conducted in a highly professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure a safe working environment and attitude on the part of all employees in areas of responsibility.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidates will possess a bachelor's degree or related culinary degree with eight or more years of industry and culinary management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is usually indoors, in a controlled environment, and experiences a moderate noise level in the work environment. In this position the employee also needs to comply with the following requirements;
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Must complete ServeSafe training or other food safety training as required.
- Language skills sufficient to: 1.Read and comprehend instruction, short correspondence and memos. 2. Write simple correspondence. 3. Effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients or associates.
- Reasoning abilities sufficient to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. One must also be able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Employee must be able to complete work while following safe operating procedure and maintaining a safe work environment.
This position is year round with 5 months in a remote location (Denali, Alaska) during the summer, and Anchorage, Alaska during the winter. The operating season being late April through September and a work schedule of five to six days per week during the operating season. Room and board is available onsite (not required) for a minimal daily charge. Access to this benefit is contingent upon employment. Termination of employment will also terminate any access to employee housing and meals. Employment is also contingent on appropriate and legal behavior in company housing.
If interested, please apply at https://oldharbornativecorp.applicantpool.com/
Old Harbor Native Corporation
FoodView all jobs at Old Harbor Native Corporation