Primary Purpose and Function:
Responsible for ensuring the day to day operation of Okuma America’s network and computer systems. This position is key part of a team that ensures network devices are monitored and stay in good working order. Responsible for planning, installing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining, administering, upgrading, and patching all Windows/Linux based servers operating systems. This position also provides direct support to end users of these systems. The selected candidate will work independently under moderate supervision.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Understanding of Windows Server operating system with proficiency in Windows Server and 2008-2016 and Active Directory domain services
- Support and Help desk as necessary with network/infrastructure issues
- Manage and update issues utilizing system tools
- Manage all Network Printer/Scanners/Copiers within the enterprise which consists of working with vendors, and configuration, setup, install, and deployment
- Share on-call responsibility for handling systems alerts, troubleshoot systems failures during evenings and weekends
- Perform software installation and upgrades, including planning and scheduling, testing and coordination
- Manage and maintain email servers/system, SQL server and Corporate AV products
- Manage and maintain LAN WAN WLAN and MPLS networks
- Proactively research new technology and software to improve service delivery to the Company and improve security posture of the overall system
- Work with outside vendors to resolve system issues and new system implementation
- Monitor IPS/IDS and respond to security threats appropriately
- Monitor and maintain Data Protection and DR scheme for the organization
- BS/BA Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Science (comparable IT experience)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
- Experience in local area network environment designing implementing and analyzing solutions for Microsoft Servers and Network systems
- Ubuntu and Suse Linux administration
- Knowledge of Cisco/Meraki Routing, Switching, VPN and Firewall
- Solar Winds/ CB defense
- Office 365/Azure, Exchange On-Line configuration/maintenance
- LAN/WAN configuration/installation
- EMC NAS/SAN administration
- Cisco UCS experience
- MSSQL Server, Active Directory, SharePoint2010, Server 2008-2016, Exchange Sever 2012
- VMware esx5.1 knowledge and administration
Okuma is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have Great People and a Great Environment. Attracting and retaining exceptional talent has contributed to us becoming the dominant global force in computer numeric controls (CNC) and machining technology. At Okuma, your voice will be heard, your skills stretched and your results rewarded. With dedication, talent and drive, you can build a career at Okuma. Okuma offers competitive compensation and benefits for full time positions.
We are unable to provide sponsorship.
Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401(k) & Roth, Life & AD&D Insurance, Pension, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Gym & Tobacco Cessation Reimbursement, Vision Reimbursement, Paid Sick Days, Paid Personal Days and 12 Paid Holidays.
About Okuma America Corporation:
Okuma America Corporation is the US based affiliate of Okuma Corporation, a world leader in the development of computer numeric controls (CNC) and machining technology, founded in 1898 in Nagoya, Japan. Okuma is known for its technology leadership and world-class manufacturing, product quality and dedication to customer service. Okuma products are used in the automotive, aerospace and defense, construction and farming equipment, oil and energy, medical, mold and die, and fluid power industries.