Customer Service Specialist
- Posted: 18 days ago
OSH, a physician-owned facility, is looking for a full-time Customer Service Specialist to work Monday - Friday, 8a - 5p. This position comes with full-time benefits. OSH offers a competitive benefits package, including a great 401k plan as well as a ~ rewarding discretionary quarterly bonus~ ! Come be a part of Tulsa's only 5-star rated hospital!
The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for providing customer service and support to Oklahoma Surgical Hospital’s patients and family. The representative will be responsible for responding to customer inquiries, providing information about their accounts and service, and resolving customer issues. The representative must have excellent communication skills and be able to build positive relationships with customers.
- Answer incoming calls to the Business Office Customer Service line
- Responds to Emails to the Customer Service email address
- Assist customers with requests for information, complaints, and resolving issues
- Collects payments from patients
- Maintain and update customer demographics
- Ensure patient forms contain all necessary billing information
- Assist with preparing patient statements
- Works with patients needing payment plans and/or financial hardship paperwork
- Assists with preparing accounts for Collection Agency.
Education and experience:
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, but employers often prefer candidates with an associate degree or higher.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of medical insurance procedures Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of healthcare insurance
- Ability to communicate calmly and diplomatically with customers, co-workers, and visitors
- Keen attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Proficient in customer service
- Active listening and comprehension skills
- Working knowledge of office equipment such as copiers, printers, scanners, and fax machines
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to build positive relationships with customers
Did you know at OSH we are physician owned? Yes! Physicians opened OSH more than 20 years ago because they recognized a need for a hospital in our community that truly focused on the needs of the patient. We at OSH are focused on ensuring our patients have the best experience possible from the moment they enter the facility and throughout every department they encounter. We are looking for patient focused team members to help us continue with our physicians’ original mission and vision of the hospital of exceeding patients’ expectations.
Did you know that at OSH we offer benefits to our team members that includes an insurance plan that covers 100% if you use an OSH or Premier Family Care provider?
Did you know that OSH offers discretionary quarterly bonuses to all full-time and part-time members? This bonus can increase your annual salary by 10-13%!
Did you know that we are Tulsa’s only 5-star rated hospital? Our incredible staff and physicians are committed to making sure our patients are receiving the best care while at our facility!
If you are looking for a new workplace to call home? Come join the OSH team!
**Free fitness center on site for all employees to use.**
OSH and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers.
Oklahoma Surgical Hospital
BusinessView all jobs at Oklahoma Surgical Hospital