Social Services Specialist
Oklahoma City Indian Clinic is hiring a Social Services Specialist to our Public Health team! This position will help locate available resources and provide social services to meet the needs of Native American adults and families. The ideal candidate is passionate about working with the Native American community and/or community-based resources in the greater Oklahoma City area.
- Provides Social Services to patients in assessing needs and determining eligibility for specific programs and services,
- Coordinates development of treatment plans and delivery of care with clients and other health care providers, assuring appropriate use of resources.
- Provides information and/or referrals to appropriate agencies that will meet the needs of the patient. Provides assistance to personnel to ensure an efficient referral pathway to facilitate quality, cost-effective care in the least restrictive environment.
- Assistance and referrals may include: tribal social service, Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, long term care, skilled nursing care, hospice, transportation, home health needs, OKDHS, IHS purchased and referred care, other IHS facilities, social security, medication, food, utilities, housing, education, employment and/or indigent needs
- Meets with staff regarding social work services, referrals, and community resource acquisition. Verifies benefits coverage with Benefits Coordinator. Documents treatment plans and progress in Electronic Health Record.
- Prepare monthly reports as request
- Work with Leadership in maintaining Policy and Procedures for Case Management
- Coordinate with community governments, health organizations, non-profits, and other community partners
- Preventing, addressing and solving social health problems
- Bachelors in Sociology, Public Health, or Public Relations preferred
- 5+ years experience working with Community Health, Non-Profit Organizations or Public Relations
- Previous experience working with the Native American population is preferred
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with crisis management would be a plus
All resumes/applications must be submitted by close of business 2.14.2020