Do you want to work for the Best Place To Work in OKC? Oklahoma City Indian Clinic was just named one of the Best Places To Work for its 9th time in 2019! Oklahoma City Indian Clinic is hiring a Pediatrician to our award winning team! Our Pediatrician provides comprehensive ambulatory medical services to patients newborn to age 22, with a variety of health care needs in an out patient setting. Clinical supervision of Physician Assistant's and Nurse Practitioner's may be required.
Job duties include:
- Provides comprehensive ambulatory medical services for the purpose of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Examines patient for symptoms of organic or congenital disorders.
- Determines nature and extent of injury or disorder, referring to diagnostic images and tests.
- Prescribes medication and recommends dietary and activity program, as indicated by diagnosis.
- Refers patient to medical specialist when indicated.
- Assists clinic administration in developing and implementing programs relevant to providing health care for Native Americans served by the clinic.
- Participates in relevant in-service education programs for all categories of health professionals at the clinic.
- Participates in Clinic Quality Improvement program to improve patient care.
- Must hold a degree of Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from an accredited college or university
- Must have completed residency in Pediatrics from accredited residency program
- Must be Board certified or Board eligible in Pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics Practice
- Must hold an unrestricted professional license in the State of Oklahoma
- Must have current infant and child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- 3-5 years of outpatient care preferred
- May be required to work after hours at least one day per week. (10a-7p)
- Occasional Saturdays may be needed for clinic functions and healthfairs
Open until filled.