POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assembly and disassembly of tools for shipment to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Abide by all Oil States Energy Services LLC. Safety and Operational Policy and Procedures.
• Receive tools and log the rental information
• Disassemble the tools using a hydraulic torque bench
• Clean tools in a parts cleaner and with wire brush
• Inspect disassembled components using precision measurement tools and log data
• Rebuild tools according to specifications.
• Prepare shipping documents and log data
• Inspect incoming new parts.
• Assist engineering with assembly and testing of new products or procedures.
• Maintain facility and test equipment.
• Work with supervisors and other technicians to maintain smooth workflow and a neat and safe environment.
• May travel to train operators on the use of tools.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must have hands-on experience with basic dimensional equipment.
• Must possess a general working knowledge of hand, power, and pneumatic tools to safely handle heavy tooling and parts.
• Basic knowledge of equipment and facilities maintenance procedures.
• Basic knowledge of inventory processes.
• Must possess a valid US Passport or be able to obtain one.
• Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must have basic problem solving skills.
• Must have basic math skills.
• Must have basic computer and documentation skills.
• Must be able to work overtime, weekends, holidays or on call as needed.
• Must be able to work well individually, in teams and or in groups.
• Must be able to rapidly adapt to changes and demands based upon workflow.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Oilfield or similar industry knowledge preferred.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly and occasionally lift 85 pounds. Anything over 85 pounds requires use of crane or forklift.
• Must be physically capable of working in awkward positions for prolonged periods.
• Accident hazard can involve severe cuts and bruises.
• Exposure to shop contaminates such as oils, chemical cleaners and paint dust.
• Must be able to work in an environment of varying climates including warm, hot and cold temperatures
• Extensive bending, lifting, climbing, sitting, pushing up to 50 pounds, pulling up to 100 pounds, and standing for long periods of time.
• Exposure to loud noise including both high and low decibels, vibration & bright lights.
• Must be able to work confined spaces.
• Must be able to work in an environment where safety glasses, steel toe boots and ear plugs are required to be worn at all times when in the shop environment.