Job ID/Title: IT Specialist 3 - Washington, DC
Location: Washington, DC 20301
Client/End Client: Unisys
Duration: 3 - 4 Months (Possibility of ext.)
Position Summary / Responsibilities
- We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented IT System Manager / SCCM to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys.
- As an IT Systems Manager for System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) at Unisys Federal, you will support the installation, maintenance, and administration of the global System Center Configuration Manager computing.
- environment (servers, software deployment, security patch deployment, operating systems and infrastructure).
- System Managers specialize in hardware and operating system support, user support, account and permission management, and the performance management, security, and tuning of systems.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Define, design, and implement core system hardware and operating system solutions.
- Define, in conjunction with users and service providers, functionality required to support business strategies.
- Work with customers to gather requirements, and propose, engineer, and provision system solutions.
- Manage system setup and standardization of features and usage.
- Install, configure, support, and maintain hardware and operating system solutions.
- Create system documentation, testing, training, and post-deployment assessments.
- Maintain SCCM systems by keeping them tuned and compliant with government standards for optimum.
- Performance and capacity utilization.
- Maintain SCCM systems with the current OS, and software and firmware patches and upgrades.
- Maintain standards of operations, such as backups, naming standards, and configurations for SCCM systems.
- Coordinate planned downtime and software installs of your assigned servers.
- Communicate system status with stakeholders and coordinate maintenance activities.
- Support day-to-day operations and provide customer support.
- Provide 24x7 on-call technical support and expertise for customer issues and service provider escalation as needed.
- Monitor the environment for potential system issues and resolve appropriately.
- Adhere to the change management process for any planned maintenance, or when potential issues are identified.
- Provide mentorship and training for new team members, computer services staff, and external support teams.
- Coordinate vendor-specific support and problem resolution.
- Ensure the operational health (Security, Availability, Performance, Interoperability and Reliability) of core.
- Computing resources.
- Plan and implement strategies for minimizing service outages, and for reducing the impact of such outages.
- On business operations (i.e., availability, contingency, and disaster planning).
- Adhere to established processes and policies.
- Continually work to improve operations.
- Define and adhere to established service and operational level agreements.
- Evaluate and test new software for compatibility with the computing environment.
- Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Identify service improvement opportunities.
- Provide system security and access.
- Partner with service providers and other IT teams to maintain user accounts, login scripts, user profiles, group additions, and renames.
- Adhere to security policies for all managed services.
- Regularly audit systems to ensure they are meeting compliance requirements.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 years’ experience in any 2 of the following:
- Working with network architectures, TCP/IP, name resolution and directory services
- Working with Microsoft Windows Server and Workstation operating systems, utilities, monitoring tools, and commands.
- Supporting a networked PC environment, running the current Windows environment or similar workstation.
- Working with Enterprise class server hardware technologies leveraged in a data center.
- 4 years’ experience in any of the following:
- System Center Configuration Manager 2012 or higher
- Scripting (VB script, PowerShell, Bash, etc.) or other programming
- Experience working with ITIL Processes and Business Process Management
- Active Top Secret
- Active DoD 8570 Certification