Position: Front Desk Assistant
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 6 Months
· The Front Desk Assistant position serves the Scott K. Ginsburg Sport and Fitness Center administrative staff.
· This position serves Fitness Center members by checking them into the Fitness Center, monitoring any guests entering the fitness center, administering point of sale transactions and servicing member account inquiries.
· This position requires excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor.
· This position reports to the Membership & Customer Services Director and will interact with other Fitness Center employees, students, alumni and Law center staff
· Check members into Fitness Center
· Monitor any guests to the Fitness Center and have them pay and sign guest waiver
· Sell membership agreements
· Complete any point of sale transactions
· Answer member questions and inquiries
· Complete administrative and organizational tasks as given by Director
· As a team player help with any needs in the Fitness Center as directed by any of the senior managers
· Heavy: Daily requirements to move items up to 10lbs of weight.
· Frequently required to move up to 50lbs of weight and walk or stand with operation of controls.
· Occasionally tasked with moving items weighing up to 100lbs. \n
· Requirements and Qualifications High School Diploma and/or GED with 1-3 years of managerial experience.
· Excellent communication skills to include verbal and nonverbal.
· Demonstrated leadership capability and adaptability.