- Accounting experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel are required
- Ability to communication orally and in writing
- Examines accounts and resolves difficult reconciliations requiring an analysis of adjustments and corrective entries in the account.
- Traces transactions entered and prepares worksheets to reflect the source of discrepancies, corrective action required to bring accounts into agreement, prove the accuracy of adjusted accounts, and recommends actions to prevent recurrence of similar discrepancies.
- Compiles and verifies the accuracy of accounting data to prepare statements and reports, schedules, and comparative analyses of accounting transactions.
- Validates, monitors, controls, and maintains accounting transactions and accounting records for multiple accounts.
- Reconciles subsidiary ledgers to general ledgers for accounts having a variety of transactions.
- Researches discrepancies between ledgers and makes adjustments. Reconciles detailed listings of outstanding transactions to general ledger control accounts.
- Maintains control accounts and subsidiary accounts and processes accounting transactions for a wide variety of functions including obligations, accrued expenditures, disbursements, appropriation refunds, reimbursable orders, collections, expenditure vouchers, cost transfers, rejected transactions, interfund bills, and other accounts in connection with the general ledger.
- Receives and reviews purchase orders, contracts, and travel authorizations and vourchers pertaining to claims and other similar documents against obligated funds.
- Certifies and audits all payments to assure compliance with terms.
- Reviews and verifies the validity of requisitions for supplies, services, printing, and equipment.
- Records overtime usage. Calculates funds for current and cumulative manpower by using staffing reports and overtime reports. Performs a variety of special assignments involving the collection, analysis, and reporting of data for budget preparation.
- Develops and maintains basic knowledge of the Financial Management Information System (FMIS).
- Through use of FOCUS, EXCEL, and other software packages, prepares reports on financial activities as well as running various printouts.
- Prepares monthly delivery control reports on allotments and obligations.
- Assists in preparing modifications to obligations and subsequent entry into FMIS and transmittal to JMD or EOUSA.
· Ability to communication orally and in writing.
· Experience with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel are required.