- Provide sobriety support services and inspire hope of recovery from addiction or co-occurring disorders
- Upon assignment, meet with client each week, and based upon need of client; step down as appropriate with supervisor input
- Educate the client on the addiction model and paths to recovery
- Help expand client’s sober support network
- Connect the client to needed community resources in support of their recovery
- Address barriers to recovery
- Provide support to maintain recovery and reduce relapse
- Attend meetings, child visitation, and court hearings with client as requested by the payor
- Develop a Recovery Support Plan with each recoveree
- Timely and accurate documentation for all clients
- Adhere to Ohio Certified Peer Supporter Code of Ethics
- Attend supervision and training as assigned
- Behave in such a manner that models success
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- May be involved in the planning, organization, and implementation of special events or department specific projects or seasonal program changes.
- In times of need, employee may be asked to complete related duties other than those indicated above as assigned by their supervisor. Performance/Physical Requirements: • Work is performed in the homes of clients and in the community. • English reading and writing skills required • Interacts verbally with coworkers, representatives from outside agencies, and families • Attention to detail and confidentiality required • Driver’s license with safe driving record in accordance with agency policy • Works flexible hours • Team player • Basic computer skills are required.
- Minimum qualification for this position is a GED or High School Diploma.
- Ohio Peer Recovery Supporter Certification required.
- Work and/or Volunteer experience as a Recovery Coach and knowledge of court and county resources is preferred.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License and safe driving record.
At OhioGuidestone we care about the health and safety of our employees. OhioGuidestone requires applicants to complete a pre-employment screening process upon receipt of an offer of employment. We require and cover the cost of a fingerprint background screening, physical, Tuberculosis test, and drug screen after an employment offer is made. Any employment offer is contingent upon receipt of all satisfactory pre-employment screenings. OhioGuidestone is committed to creating a more diverse community. We encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. EEO/M/F/H/V IND10