IT Project Coordinator
Applications Accepted From
University Wide, Public: Open to the public
Special Instructions to Applicants
Position will remain open until filled; however, for full consideration, apply by April 8, 2020 at the following link: http://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/34325
We seek candidates with a commitment to working effectively with students, faculty and staff from diverse background.
Please complete the online application and attach required documents. Required documents include a detailed cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three (3) professional references with current contact details, including email addresses.
This position is eligible for the following benefits:
medical, vision, dental, basic and supplemental life, winter break closure, paid holidays, educational benefits for you and eligible dependents, sick leave, vacation, and retirement.
The IT Project Coordinator is responsible for the supporting the operational needs of the team, administering projects, and maintaining the team knowledge base. The position provides continuity across projects in monitoring consistency in use of standard processes, procedures, and general standards as well as providing an overall view of the portfolio of projects. Provides administrative support for campus engagement and OIT improvement activities.
1. Operational Support – Processes project requests and communicates with requestors and sponsors. Ensures project requests are complete and clear. Creates and maintains Project Management team’s internal and external documentation repositories, folder structures, and content. Maintains operational reports across the project management function, conducts measurements for project performance, and communicates with team to ensure resolution of discrepancies. Monitors and administers project closures for team. Administers the project management tool for team use and provides tool training to project team members to support project success. Represents functional areas in OIT core process and technology projects.
2. Project Management – Administers small, low complexity projects. Responsible for creation and maintenance of standard project management artifacts utilizing established processes and procedures. Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with business owners, project sponsors, vendors and key clients. Works with Service and Resource Managers to define and refine project scope. Negotiates conflicts and resolves issues that arise during this process. Provides work direction on assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts. Monitors and maintains the project by identifying resource needs; performing quality reviews; and escalating scope, budget, quality, timeline issues appropriately. Contributes to the development of new quality metrics. Provides the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance.
3. Knowledge Base – Manages knowledge base tool permissions and configuration experience for users. Maintains functional process inventories. Manages documentation template keys and revision cycles.
4. Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 1+ years of professional experience in project management, business analysis or related field
• Basic understanding of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures and the ability to apply in varied situations
• Experience facilitating meetings
• Experience working in higher education
• Experience using project management software
Information and Technology Office
$45,000 to $52,000 depending on candidate’s experience and qualification. Employees also enjoy a generous benefits package including health benefits, paid time off, and education benefits for employees and qualified dependents.
Job Open Date
Posting Close Date
Standard office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00; however, candidates must be willing to work evenings and/or weekends if necessary. Flex-space and flex-time options are available for nearly every position in OIT in order to promote a healthy balance of life and work.
Expected hours worked per week
40+ hours per week
Expected duration of assignment
Applicants may contact this person if they have questions about this position.
Amanda Davis (email@example.com)
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org
Information Technology - Project Management
Career Track & Level
Clery Act Crime Statistics
Clery Act Crime Statistics
To view the Clery Act Compliance Report Click here