- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB SUMMARY: The primary goal of the Systems Engineer is to support the hosting Infrastructure. A Systems Engineer performs a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of workstations, servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. This position also provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of various aspects of a Windows Infrastructure environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The responsibilities listed are fundamental to the position and must be performed successfully to achieve the key performance objectives of the role. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Design, Implementation, Tuning and Maintenance of an Enterprise Datacenter Environment consisting of a Large multiple domain Windows Infrastructure, multiple generations of HP Storage Arrays, HP Blade and Chassis technology, and a VMware Enterprise Plus virtualization layer.
- Ongoing monitoring of resource usage, performance tuning and future capacity planning
- Develop procedures to prevent and reduce the severity of any outages
- Create and maintain configuration and support documentation
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
- Resolve help desk service request escalations
- Participate in on-call activities
- Maintain a basic understanding of Physical Local Area Networking and a skilled understanding of Virtual Networking.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities
- Completing time logs within 48 hours of completing tasks to ensure accurate and timely time tracking, project management and billing of customers.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, scanners, copy machines and filing cabinets. At times, this position may need to lift computer equipment unassisted at 100lbs.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and order cleanup is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires less than 5% travel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in an IT Enterprise environment
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016
- Extensive knowledge of HP Hardware, Active Directory, DNS, IIS, File and Folder Security, MFC, and Microsoft RDS in Large Farm Environments
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in the IT field
- VCP-DCV, MCSE, HP ASE Certification
- Experience with VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus, HP Blade and Chassis, HP Virtual Connect, HP 3Par, Veeam Enterprise Plus, Commvault, and Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise in a Clustered Environment
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in healthcare related field
- Experience working with non-profits
TELECOMMUTING AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position may telecommute on an as needed basis.
- Cable or Fiber Internet Service
- Download speed of 20Mbps or higher
- Upload speed of 5Mbps or higher
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ohio Shared Information Services Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Ohio Shared Information Services Inc