NextGen EHR Consultant (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB SUMMARY: The NextGen EHR Consultant is responsible for resolving NextGen tickets and projects while providing high quality customer service, properly documenting and timely communication of ticket/project statuses/needs and collaborating with numerous departments to ensure timely resolution as well as building relationships that facilitate Member confidence in OSIS and the organization’s team members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The responsibilities listed are fundamental to the position and must be performed successfully to achieve the key performance objectives of the role. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Builds and maintains Member and internal relationships to drive mutually beneficial solutions and drive positive Member experiences; acts as onsite subject matter expert/consultant and OSIS Member liaison.
- Conducts onsite and/or remote NextGen training.
- Receives escalated tickets; resolves or escalates tickets based on Member, Member need and application issues; communicates NextGen updates that need completed to resolve Member issues with other internal resources as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate ticket status and documentation, for projects and escalated tickets.
- Escalates Member issues, when appropriate, and clearly communicates steps taken, future steps and Member needs in ticket to ensure a smooth transition between internal teams.
- Responsible for follow-up on assigned Member projects; subject matter expert lead, participates in Member on-boarding meetings, workflow analysis, project conference calls, NextGen build, remote and onsite training; acts as subject matter expert to Members and other internal teams; evaluates feasibility of Member requests.
- Develops NextGen template customizations recommendations and System/Practice template configuration.
- Develops documentation including but not limited to OSIS User Guides, OSIS Quick Guides, and OSIS User Manual following the OSIS documentation standard policy.
- Assists in educating internal and external teams of NextGen capabilities and feasibility.
- Lead/conduct/participate on regular Member calls as assigned to ensure Member compliance with new technologies, regulations, and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, scanners, copy machines and filing cabinets.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some standing is required. This would require the ability to stand for long periods of time as necessary while conducting onsite training.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- This position requires 50%-70% travel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare or related field or 5+ years experience with the NextGen software product.
- 2+ years of training and support experience of an EHR for clinical staff including providers.
- NextGen software experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- NextGen EHR certification.
- NextGen EHR CHC/FQHC set up/workflow experience.
- Direct clinical operations experience.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be NextGen Certified (NCP) or receive certification within 6 months of hire.
- Must maintain NCP certification.
TELECOMMUTING AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This position is considered a remote position with full telecommuting privileges.
- Cable or Fiber Internet Service
- Download speed of 20Mbps or higher
- Upload speed of 5Mbps or higher
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ohio Shared Information Services Inc
Get fresh Information Services Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.