The Ohio Institute of Allied Health (OIAH) is seeking a full time STNA Program Coordinator and Instructors. The successful candidate is an RN currently licensed in Ohio with a train-the-trainer certificate.
Course Schedule: M-F 8:45a - 3:45p
The STNA Program Faculty will be responsible for teaching the STNA training program and classes. Classroom instruction, skills demonstration and clinical supervision are included requirements of this position. The faculty will also be responsible for recruiting students and maintaining individual class and program enrollment for the STNA program. The curriculum for the programs and/or classes will provide well-planned, current instruction that meets with the Ohio Board of Health, the needs of the students and business and industry.
- Must have at least 2 years as a licensed RN and 1 year in a skilled nursing facility.
- Able to obtain valid Ohio Educator's licensure or permit
- Adheres to the Licensure Code of Professional Conduct for Ohio Educators
- Maintains compliance with Board policies and other applicable procedures/guidelines
- Willingness to problem solve in both a team and independent environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and technology skills
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Hold a valid Ohio Driver's License
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates all the development of short-term, immediate, and long-range components of the STNA program
- Develops and implements customized training programs and workshops for the STNA and medical program curricular area
- Achieve affiliate faculty status with the American Heart Association to coordinate delivery of CPR/AED/First aid classes for both Secondary and Adult Education
- Organizes and maintains an active advisory committee for the STNA program curricular area
- Assists with planning and documenting the advisory committee meetings (minimum of two times per year)
- Develops and attains program externship sites, practicums as required and necessary to promote and reinforce student learning for all students
- Works with other institutions of higher learning to develop articulation agreements and training partnerships
- Performs other duties as assigned
- LPN License in State of Ohio with 2 years experience.