Historic Site Manager - Newark Earthworks
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Historic Site Manager at Newark (OH) Earthworks, Full Time, Permanent
Compensation: $23.00/hr ($47,840 per year)
Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, parental leave, state retirement program, and more
Position Closes: August 31, 2022 or until filled
Manage on-site activities of the Newark Earthworks. Supervise site operations and services independently, while understanding the necessity for communication and coordinating work efforts with other areas of Ohio History Connection and partner organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide engaged, inspired, professional leadership for the site, including all aspects of its daily operation, interpretation, preservation, and maintenance of the site, including:
- connecting management of the Newark Earthworks to OHC strategic plan and other relevant plans, policies, best practices, and local, state, and federal laws;
- hiring, training, and supervising staff; encouraging employee development and empowering staff to make decisions within a scope appropriate to their work;
- overseeing interpretation of the site to visitors and schools and assisting with coordination of Tribal, scholarly/academic, or other stakeholder engagement with the site;
- ensuring that site interpretation and educational programs align with approved plans, policies, and best practices;
- engaging in community and public relations, in collaboration with OHC leadership and Marketing Department;
- supporting and coordinating event and program planning;
- building and managing a volunteer corps;
- preparing and submitting daily and monthly plans, reports, and records as required including facilities use plan, site preservation monitoring, visitation data, purchases, inventory and receipts of sales operation, etc;
- building and managing a retail component to the visitor experience;
- supervising maintenance and security of buildings and grounds, including equipment care, cleaning; communicating/coordinating with OHC Facilities Management about repairs and improvements and with OHC Security regarding site safety and security;
- coordinating with site manager/staff of Fort Ancient and superintendent/staff of Hopewell Culture National Historical Park, as well as other leaders for the Hopewell Ceremonial Earthworks World Heritage Property; interfacing with/responding to inquiries from the World Heritage Centre through Ohio History Connection's Department of Historic Sites & Museums
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in interpretation, management, park management, museum management or in a field related to the site, OR
- Four years' experience in interpretation and management, OR
- An equivalent combination of training and work experience. Plus a culmination of supervisory, retail, community relations, and finance management experience to total five to ten years.
Please submit your resume/CV and all relevant application materials through the online application at https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/ohiohistory/jobs. Materials can all be uploaded in the "Resume" sections. For assistance, questions, or accommodation requests, please email email@example.com or call 614-297-2500 for Human Resources.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Ohio History Connection
Real EstateView all jobs at Ohio History Connection