We're a small, one doctor veterinary practice looking for an enthusiastic, organized and compassionate receptionist to join our team.
Key responsibilities include maintaining a welcoming and helpful space for our clients. These service functions include, but are not limited to, reception, maintenance of veterinary medical records, accounts maintenance, cash processing, data entry, email and fax processing.
Our new receptionist is a quick learner who is comfortable jugging phones, checking clients in and out, responding to emails, and snuggling every cute puppy and kitten that comes into our office. Our ideal candidate has a working knowledge of the veterinary industry and services, the basic rules and regulations governing visitors and animal patient treatment, data transcribing, word processing, and a practical knowledge of the standard procedures, veterinary records and terminology used in the hospital. Knowledge of Cornerstone software is just a cherry on top.
- Provide friendly, quality client care to the patients and clients
- Receive incoming calls, screen those that are handled by other health care team members and take care of routine calls.
- Provide knowledgeable sub-professional advice concerning the care and treatment of animals.
- Follow established hospital policies and procedures in referring clients for immediate treatment of their pets when requests are accompanied by complaints of acute symptoms. Determine nature of injury/illness and attempt to reassure distressed pet owners. Determine whether immunizations and/or tests are current. Recommend update of necessary immunizations and/or tests to clients when applicable.
- Schedule appointments, obtaining all necessary data concerning the patient and owner. Prepare all required forms in advance when possible.
- Check clients in - Greet clients in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner.
- Discharge patients. Review charts of patients being discharged from the clinic for completeness of information, make new appointments or note changes in patient status as necessary.
- Assure that all financial obligations are met by owners. Collect client fees, make change, process credit card transactions and assist in making count of cash drawer, run end of day transactions.
- Exercise technical knowledge of products sold. Explain and demonstrate products, answer questions concerning products purchase/ use.
- Fill veterinary prescriptions with appropriate medication; provide routine instructions to owners concerning prescriptions for medications.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties, receiving, sorting, distributing mail, cleaning, organizing reception area, correspondence, reports and other documents. Assist in the receiving and stocking of supplies.
- Work well with all employees and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors, and the practice philosophy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Some animal related experience preferred
- Possession of strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of hospital procedures and operating instructions for making appointments, assembling patient medical records, recording test results, relaying information regarding patient’s condition, and compiling and submitting data on patients treated.
- Knowledge of the spelling and meaning of commonly used terminology of veterinary medicine to accurately record results of tests and file veterinary medical reports according to alpha, numeric or subject matter headings.
- Requires strong client service skills. Personal contacts are with pet owners affected by a variety of problems, visitors and other healthcare team members. Considerable tact and diplomacy is required. Must accurately relay owner’s account of the medical complaint(s) of the pet(s) involved to the healthcare team member who will be involved in treating the patient(s).
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Comfort around dogs, cats, and a variety of small mammals
We are only offered contact free exams and contactless prescription pickup.
Ohana Veterinary Services Inc
Why Work Here?
Small practice, attentive care, great team environment