Stairlift Installation Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Entry Level Stairlift Technician Role: Technicians install, diagnose, repair, and maintain hardware components to ensure the smooth running of our stairlift systems. Stairlift Technician's responsibilities include installing and configuring stairlift hardware and being the primary point of contact for technical support within the company.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Ohana Stairlifts is the leader in the Home Accessibility and Modification Industry. Our goal is to help disabled individuals of all ages remain safe and independent in their own homes. Currently, we are looking for a Home Modifications Specialist to work in our Kailua Operations that has a passion for serving the community by providing mobility equipment and service to the Disabled, Veterans, and Elderly. This position provides flexibility and a variety of job duties as well as the opportunity to be an integral part of a successful and growing small business that helps improve the quality of life for those in need.
- Provide field installation, service, repair, and instruction for a full product line of specialty healthcare equipment.
- Assist with home modifications for ease of access for disabled persons.
- Complete service calls and deliveries based on work orders.
POSITION DETAILS & FUNCTIONS:
- Installation and maintenance of ramps, stair lifts, vertical platform lifts, and patient lifts
- Contacts customers through the phone and in-person to provide technical service support.
- Thoroughly trains customers on how to use the product(s) in a safe manner.
- Evaluates a customer’s environment for safe and effective means for installation of mobility products.
- Maintains warehouse inventory in an organized and efficient manner.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Transport products in a company vehicle in a safe and courteous manner, adhering to all traffic laws.
- Safely load equipment in an orderly and secure manner in accordance with policies.
- Utilizes the proprietary operating system to record customer interactions, upload pictures and other related paperwork, set and review scheduled appointments.
- Must possess Technical and Customer Services Skills to excel in this sector.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Willingness to work extended hours and outer island travel.
- Mechanical and technical ability with electronics and installation and servicing of products.
- Basic carpentry and mechanical skills are necessary.
- High school or equivalent (Minimum)
Required license or certification:
- Clean Driving Record- Hawaii Driver’s License
- On-the-job training will be provided for industry-specific jobs/equipment.
Ohana Stairlifts is a Drug-Free environment. All applicants must pass a drug test and background check.
Here, in Hawaii, Michael is the owner and president of two companies that work to increase the living capability of senior citizens and persons with disabilities. His Stay-at-Home Modification Company does just that. It offers a wide range of home modifications to make living at home possible or easier for the physically challenged or frail. His Ohana Stairlifts company goes a step further and supplies unique custom-built lifts for difficult-to-navigate exterior and interior stair arrangements. Michael’s company can solve just about any problem with world-class and innovative solutions that require only a plug to charge the battery-operated system that then ’lifts’ the client in a small chair safely to any upper level. This same ‘lift’ system can also return them back down when they are ready creating access to the home that there might not be if not for this system. This is extremely helpful for challenged veterans, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.
Michael also finds it important to volunteer his time teaching seniors fall prevention safety in numerous seminars and venues. He provides free home safety assessments that help identify hazards in the house and the different options available to correct them and increase the overall safety of the home.
905 Kalanianaole HwyHonolulu, HI
Get fresh Entry Level Installation Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!