Transporter / Ward Clerk - Garden Isle Rehabilitation & Healthcare
Ohana Pacific Management Company Lihue, HI
- Posted: over a month ago
Join us in Caring for our Kupuna. To you, Hawaii's Healthcare Warrior,we invite you to join ourOhana to serve and care for our Kupuna.
Are you looking to work for mission driven and passionate warriors like yourself? Looking to grow within an organization? We are Ohana Pacific Health, Hawaii's largest, locally owned post-acute healthcare company, we positively impact thousands of lives each year with the "Ohana Experience", an organizational culture based on excellence and genuine care. Our vision is to transform how healthcare is provided throughout Hawaii.
Garden Isle Rehabilitation & Healthcare in Lihue, Kauai is looking for a Transporter/Ward Clerk to help us with sourcing, locating, and recruiting talented, best qualified, and culture-add candidates who embrace Ohana's mission and values. Provides transportation for our residents in a safe and efficient manner to destinations as directed by the Director of Nursing or Resident Care Manager.
Shift: Temporary (less than 30 days), Full Time, Day Shift (8:00am - 4:30pm).
Duties include but are not limited:
- All requested appointments will be reviewed by the DON, who will supervise the scheduling of such according to priority.
- In the event the need to cancel an appointment arises, it will be according to the DON's discretion, with adequate notification to resident, family and provider.
- Picking up the resident from the unit for scheduled appointment and documenting in the medical record.
- Notifying the Charge Nurse of departure.
- Collecting required forms and pertinent information and instruction related to the resident transport from the Charge Nurse.
- Inform resident of transport and assist to vehicle.
- Drive to designated appointment.
- Assist resident to appointment and stay with resident and obtain documentation.
- Transfer resident to Charge Nurse along with applicable reports.
- Document in the medical record time of return.
- Return keys and cellular phone to main office and sign vehicle back in.
- Delivers and retrieves signed physician orders from Clinics, either in conjunction with resident appointments or at other times.
- Provides weekly schedule of appointments to Director of Nursing and Administrator.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in long term care, healthcare, or work with the elderly preferred.
- Must have a current CNA certificate.
- First Aid and CPR preferred. (can be done in-house).
For immediate consideration, please apply through our website at www.ohanapacific.com.
Ohana Pacific Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by federal or state law. Learn more: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Acquisitions team.
Ohana Pacific Health participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more at: E-Verify.
Ohana Pacific Health Caring for Kupuna
Ohana Pacific Management Company
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Ohana Pacific Management Company