FT- Water Plant Operator - Water Division
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WATER PLANT OPERATOR - WATER DIVISION
Department: Public Services
Division: Water Filter Plant
Pay Grade: GRADE 12 $1,774.37 - $2,661.56 (Bi-weekly Rate, depending on qualifications). Typically hire at minimum. This position is eligible for benefits.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
WATER PLANT OPERATOR GENERAL PURPOSE
This position operates and maintains the City's water treatment and pumping facilities to regulate the flow of water to various zones in the water system and ensures that adequate water supplies are available throughout the city; and to operate and maintain various pumping and valving equipment and production facilities in support of the City's water system. Receives direct supervision from the Water Production Supervisor.
WATER PLANT OPERATOR - ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform water sampling and analysis and be able to interpret the analysis daily.
- Inspect all processes on a regular basis and record all vital information on production totals.
- Inspect all pumps and water treatment equipment for malfunctions or leaks; diagnose needed repairs.
- Perform maintenance and repairs as needed; clean and lubricate pumps and other production equipment as needed.
- Perform weekly testing of equipment, instrumentation, meters, etc., to maintain quality assurance and high performance; record production and water demands on a per shift, daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Maintain the accuracy of the reclaimed water system; perform water analysis for chemistry of the water from various locations, ensure the accuracy and proper functioning of the water plant processes.
- Monitor all equipment, instrumentation, etc., for proper operation; make frequent visual and audio inspections of all equipment and facilities on a regular basis.
- Make water adjustments to filter plant and to well field and be able to calculate adjustments in chemicals accordingly.
- Be able to read and interpret all instrument gauges, apertures, meters, computer screens, SCADA screens, HMI screens (Human-Machine Interface).
- Must be able to understand the functions of six deep well pumping stations, which involve water levels in the well, proper voltage, proper amperage draw, proper line pressures, motor functions, pump functions, proper lubrication of motor, and well line shaft bearings.
- Proper operation of all valves, manually and electrically.
- Must be able to learn how emergency backup generators function, how to cycle automatically and manually; must be able to learn where every circuit breaker is and what components they are connected to.
- Must be able to learn the functions of every valve at the filter plant and well site; operate and maintain HVAC system; must be able to learn the various water supply systems at the filter plant.
- Must be able to understand new, programmable Process Logic Controllers, Central Processing Units, and Remote Transmission Units.
- Must perform regular routine cleaning, scrubbing, polishing, painting and maintenance of filter plant floors, windows, walls, ground maintenance, pumping, equipment, panels, etc.
- Must operate truck mounted snowplow and tractor mounted snow blower for removal of snow at the filter plant parking lot and roadways, also, all roadways to the well site; be able to operate sludge removable equipment, ensure the security of the filter plant,
- Participate in safety and risk management activities; take action to reduce liability to the city.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this position. Employee is required to work as a team and frequently meet with co-workers and supervisors; employee is required to communicate in-person with the public during office hours; and employee is required to use on-site equipment.
- Perform other related duties as required/assigned.
OGDEN CITY BENEFITS
- Language Pay
- Longevity Pay
- Sick, Vacation, and Comp Time Leave
- Medical and Dental
- EAP- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Loan Program- Computer, Bike & Exercise equipment loans when available
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Ogden City Corporation
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Ogden City Corporation